eDocs

TMaine

Is it still normal practice that after you go through your online check in and print your express pass that Celebrity sends your eDocs to you via your travel agent?

Yes. I generally receive my eDocs from my TA about 30 days out (give or take a little). I also generally do online check in as soon as it opens.

That is what I thought... I am having the worst TA and Celebrity experience for this upcoming cruise. The TA is telling me that my eDocs will be given to me at the pier. I told him that is not what usually happens and now radio silence...

We book with a TA but our Edocs have always shown up on our on-line reservation at about 49 days before sailing if we aren't using Choice Air and about 28 days before sailing if we are using Choice Air.

Our TA also gets them & forwards them to us, but that is a week or 10 days after they appear on our reservation.

Since the Edocs contain the vouchers for transfers from airport to ship or pre-cruise hotels if you booked these thru Celebrity getting the Edocs at the pier would be too late. Your TA is mistaken.

We have never received them from our travel agent. We simply get an email from Celebrity telling us that they're available to download. I had one cruise when they were never available. Since the only things we need to board are the Express Pass and our passports, I never really worry about. I realize that if you're from outside the US, you might need that last page to print luggage tags but is there anything else of value in the eDocs that doesn't already show on your reservation online?

I've always received them from Celebrity even though I booked with a TA. However, you definitely need a new TA if they are telling you documents will be given to you at the pier!!

Due to the Celebrity website issues ([emoji37]) I was unable to print my Express Pass and I called the Captains Club and gave them my passport info et al and he emailed me the Express Pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is his reply after my insistence:

"Hi

I hope you are exited about your cruise. everything looks good. You online check in looks complete. you can print your e-docs, or you can get them at the pier. Please make sure to be there three hours early. again sorry about the gratuity situation, I'm glad it was sorted out. Let me know if you need anything in the future."

I called Captain's Club and the woman helping me out immediately emailed my eDocs and ordered my luggage tags. I am so relieved!

I will not be using that TA again.