Help with receving Celebrity emails

AEGBRG

Hi everyone,

My mom and I have been receiving Celebrity promotional emails for a long time, however, she stopped receiving them for the past few months (I still get them). I have contacted Captains Club numerous times and they still can not figure out why. First they saw her email address was blocked from receiving marketing promotions and unblocked it. That did not do the trick. Then they saw that the "delivery status was invalid" for her email address and made it valid, but that did not fix it either.

To me this is not a big deal, but my mom likes to receive the "exciting deals" that are sent out every Tuesday. This is not a big deal to me, however, I am getting tired of forwarding all the Celebrity emails to her all the time now. Has anyone else had this problem before where you stopped receiving emails for no apparent reason and what did you do to finally fix it? FYI, we both have gmail accounts and she does not have any Celebrity email addresses blocked that would prevent her from receiving emails.

Thanks in advance!

After all of the 'fixes' has she tried re-subscribing outright to X's mail? If that is not successful, how about trying a different email address.

bon voyage

Yes, I have done this many times by going to the website and signing her up again, however it does not seem to work. Usually, you would get the "Welcome to Celebrity Cruises" confirmation email once you signed up, yet she does not get that. That usually fixed it in the past when one of us stopped receiving emails but not this time.

Okay, if she has no other email address to which X can forward, she/you can try sending a help message to google about the situation.

Maybe it is something on their side which is preventing receipt.. if not, they will tell you.

bon voyage

Be careful what you wish for, Celebrity sends out a lot of dumb e-mails.

I wasn't getting any for a long time. Went in and signed up again and then they started coming.

You can find the exciting deals here every week. Just bookmark the site and go there to check.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Yes, I have done this many times by going to the website and signing her up again, however it does not seem to work. Usually, you would get the "Welcome to Celebrity Cruises" confirmation email once you signed up, yet she does not get that. That usually fixed it in the past when one of us stopped receiving emails but not this time.

Is it possible the emails are going to a spam folder? If so, 'whitelisting' Celebrity's email address might work...

FYI, we both have gmail accounts and she does not have any Celebrity email addresses blocked that would prevent her from receiving emails.

You may need to help her with this. In Gmail search for: in:spam ExcitingDeals@email.celebritycruises.com (that exact phrase). The archive should have an email stored. Display it, and then click the little "x" on the Spam label.

Tcd9Oz0DrGt97t-DwkotOaKZHN9GgFXbgCnIRk-mZzY0sxjJpJjlJOh451OM9yjkTdZuxJOIJJE2GbiDHMvC82AVRBkIqyuAGBWsq1LI5Aom2iZpBSZxAI0uPyycxkWAUWTdTsDTNsk-GLSp3Kz-uFyGHI1zj0EJl_DJPDv3BcyLtoPTz0FYUr77Lk6PgfVYRtH0JLfluPWQXBNwkcb8g9CE25GWDefPBIa3G41CrNdpKju-oHXREmcYh4ZGuwSKuEefcCLlHSaXt-8_X-QcAGce6TLXlAWdTQQyMyw5KqJq3BlaabSj0mPQQhB4bIoLFYrfQ-bKC0v89JmqQ6syM_ibR6PaSg995-uypJsjm6fGEcYfM-69C3UVmXNBUvGbi5gCDak89epzVNSa9pX5cNnHRIZ_qcyS97az11fbO4bSEmn1x3i0kmXh8oQSM5yqjSC7sFkryuMuczXds7EqVsRVFmxTpo_9cpZksCR1v7QGg9ZYopJ2rHMTvPYYNkCPWfohA4YbALVG064_nOQ4czYiWEuG0zzpTp5qhY2aqdqWmOhshK7EhBMsm0-1ZEv25oF7fHmJdaQdhEqdcF9fOoJvLdT2_UrYXE92iaBakp8LcOam1fFK=w1119-h358-no

That will move the email to the inbox and remove it from the spam filter. You should get a notice like this:

lyOyflrFlO8Nt_eiwriGnb8KlswpVDsghI2cBiG8wxIVz30cleWwrFEZAsYPMR-h9MeyZd_4Zg0tkmnX5fUmccVY4Npau-d3F7H2ksxZRLRa4Mk8aANQ26_PaP7_X8Dp2vDO5DHh69q0meSv7XR8mH5ZZOgu6sdm7lRHCGvfM6KSuoZznYWt6TZ9uqRCeTdXyqgJ8X4O5ydN0GHi-sHNv-m0Tz2m5g9D1CkVW05miYJXjHWx25bDTCule8lo2fFYGY_WQya8JC3IfHBo4WgSCxWB88NjkLMKwFfF3GSoMJ-4XL1m2f9rh_kfCR1T1clhTNmy-UwuKMC7Bjr7SvtvsPfcPIoeA52QXXuNWilNrX3NWJxGNr273AaTEWA3ftmHXzcJlECuNX6zL00g7p2YhIUnuqS9KMBRy-jEvBSWKeQo60VYVDeMSY7u4-Xmwdv-L0m2u--NSeGcsSLrzHjCd1GajHs1A6a5CsLHpVJDWjMC8bjl3KQf2zZAHl2oUqhAkg5Oc6HjiS3e-fKhGnWw9QlQ3c_phih5Dx51UQiZYevyyRnWLHWhw6O2ed3dO_e7xNZNCkTObryKyTgTBSqEeO6Zd6zR99kCeUMWNtSt4xfNoZaEJkGV=w617-h98-no

Then, search for in:spam News@email.celebritycruises.com and repeat the process.

Gmail automatically moves email to the spam mailbox based on a couple of things, including whether you actually read the email or not. So it's not necessarily that she added the messages to spam. Because the vast majority of email is considered "unsolicited commercial email" ... well over 80% ... the amount you see in your inbox is just the tip of the iceberg.

The other option is to create Google Contacts with those email addresses, but that's a bit harder.

I wasn't getting any for a long time. Went in and signed up again and then they started coming.

You can find the exciting deals here every week. Just bookmark the site and go there to check.

hc - thank you for this, I keep forgetting this is an option, as well.

bon voyage

Thanks for the link!

You may need to help her with this. In Gmail search for: in:spam ExcitingDeals@email.celebritycruises.com (that exact phrase). The archive should have an email stored. Display it, and then click the little "x" on the Spam label.

Tcd9Oz0DrGt97t-DwkotOaKZHN9GgFXbgCnIRk-mZzY0sxjJpJjlJOh451OM9yjkTdZuxJOIJJE2GbiDHMvC82AVRBkIqyuAGBWsq1LI5Aom2iZpBSZxAI0uPyycxkWAUWTdTsDTNsk-GLSp3Kz-uFyGHI1zj0EJl_DJPDv3BcyLtoPTz0FYUr77Lk6PgfVYRtH0JLfluPWQXBNwkcb8g9CE25GWDefPBIa3G41CrNdpKju-oHXREmcYh4ZGuwSKuEefcCLlHSaXt-8_X-QcAGce6TLXlAWdTQQyMyw5KqJq3BlaabSj0mPQQhB4bIoLFYrfQ-bKC0v89JmqQ6syM_ibR6PaSg995-uypJsjm6fGEcYfM-69C3UVmXNBUvGbi5gCDak89epzVNSa9pX5cNnHRIZ_qcyS97az11fbO4bSEmn1x3i0kmXh8oQSM5yqjSC7sFkryuMuczXds7EqVsRVFmxTpo_9cpZksCR1v7QGg9ZYopJ2rHMTvPYYNkCPWfohA4YbALVG064_nOQ4czYiWEuG0zzpTp5qhY2aqdqWmOhshK7EhBMsm0-1ZEv25oF7fHmJdaQdhEqdcF9fOoJvLdT2_UrYXE92iaBakp8LcOam1fFK=w1119-h358-no

That will move the email to the inbox and remove it from the spam filter. You should get a notice like this:

lyOyflrFlO8Nt_eiwriGnb8KlswpVDsghI2cBiG8wxIVz30cleWwrFEZAsYPMR-h9MeyZd_4Zg0tkmnX5fUmccVY4Npau-d3F7H2ksxZRLRa4Mk8aANQ26_PaP7_X8Dp2vDO5DHh69q0meSv7XR8mH5ZZOgu6sdm7lRHCGvfM6KSuoZznYWt6TZ9uqRCeTdXyqgJ8X4O5ydN0GHi-sHNv-m0Tz2m5g9D1CkVW05miYJXjHWx25bDTCule8lo2fFYGY_WQya8JC3IfHBo4WgSCxWB88NjkLMKwFfF3GSoMJ-4XL1m2f9rh_kfCR1T1clhTNmy-UwuKMC7Bjr7SvtvsPfcPIoeA52QXXuNWilNrX3NWJxGNr273AaTEWA3ftmHXzcJlECuNX6zL00g7p2YhIUnuqS9KMBRy-jEvBSWKeQo60VYVDeMSY7u4-Xmwdv-L0m2u--NSeGcsSLrzHjCd1GajHs1A6a5CsLHpVJDWjMC8bjl3KQf2zZAHl2oUqhAkg5Oc6HjiS3e-fKhGnWw9QlQ3c_phih5Dx51UQiZYevyyRnWLHWhw6O2ed3dO_e7xNZNCkTObryKyTgTBSqEeO6Zd6zR99kCeUMWNtSt4xfNoZaEJkGV=w617-h98-no

Then, search for in:spam News@email.celebritycruises.com and repeat the process.

Gmail automatically moves email to the spam mailbox based on a couple of things, including whether you actually read the email or not. So it's not necessarily that she added the messages to spam. Because the vast majority of email is considered "unsolicited commercial email" ... well over 80% ... the amount you see in your inbox is just the tip of the iceberg.

The other option is to create Google Contacts with those email addresses, but that's a bit harder.

Spam is all clear, and she actually has both those addresses in her Google Contacts already. Thank you for the help though. I guess I will just keep signing her up, hoping they will start coming one day. Unless you are purchasing a cruise, Celebrity is pretty worthless.

Thanks for the link!

Spam is all clear, and she actually has both those addresses in her Google Contacts already. Thank you for the help though. I guess I will just keep signing her up, hoping they will start coming one day. Unless you are purchasing a cruise, Celebrity is pretty worthless.

Shoreside is pretty worthless even if you're purchasing a cruise. Good thing the ship board experience is so great. Maybe have her follow Celebrity on Facebook for a while and see if she gets the news she wants there. To be frank, I find Celebrity's e-mails pretty useless.