Dinner at the Culinary Arts Center - Koningsdam - Pictures/Menu

InTheWASide

34f6e7636c3c57049ca7db9e9aeaa69f.jpg

ae7b0c89a49c8934aec02d6d5e74b6f1.jpg

aedbcd52f182719e5a1b7d580f383262.jpg

a7ab2af5952d18b58c052736b6d47fb4.jpg

Okay so here's the deal with the menus. There are two total. This is one of them. They alternate every so often. Hotel Director said once per cruise and the head chef in the CAC said every other day. Unfortunately I know nothing about the other menu.

If you notice on the menu the meal also comes with unlimited red and white wine. The kind listed in the menu and both were really good. The meal also starts with a small bite they hand out as you walk in and a cocktail. Not sure what was in the drink but it was really good. The bite was pork belly and amazing. You can see the drink and small bite on the picture with the table setting displayed.

The water served where they leave the carafe on the table was infused with cucumber, lemon, I believe mint and something else. I don't know what it was but I was totally obsessed with that water and barely touched the wine. It was really good.

I'm sure the question will come up. The plates do not have some sort of spice sprinkled on them. The brownish colored dots are part of the design on the plate.

Any questions, let me know. Believe I overheard the price was $39. Totally worth it. These were not items I would pick off a larger menu typically but I absolutely loved it!

Oh, and one more picture. We thought the backs of the uniforms were pretty cool! And probably not surprising, saying "excuse me. Can I get a picture of the back of your uniform?" gets a strange face as a response, then we say we really like them and we get a big smile and a "sure!" :)

a1372a7ecf77ec3de1d2c7414e00c653.jpg

Edited by InTheWASide

The pops! Starting on the left and going clockwise. Super rich brownie with like a dried marshmallow and chocolate dipped. Dark chocolate with nuts and dried fruit. Mango that they puréed and dipped in coconut. Lemon cake bite with meringue. The cup has a marzipan in it that they stay upright when stuck into and then some of the cress they grow onboard.

I am absolutely amazed the direction the culinary team at HAL is making. They are definitely trying to be leaders in the industry. We did the Master Chef's Table on the Nieuw Amsterdam and was blown away. The Versace china, service and food was over the top. By far the best dining experience I've ever had. Also did the Cabana Club, also nice, but the food was not quite hot at all the courses. Still excellent with a view of Cozumel with live Mexican music. The wine and champagne poured often and freely. The service from the Tamarind servers was gracious without being overbearing.

So far on my Koningsdam cruise we have reservations for the following

Pinnacle Grill x 2 (dinner)

Sel de Mer (dinner)

Le Dibrijre (dinner)

Canaletto (dinner)

Tamarind (dinner)

MDR (Gala night)

Dinner at the Culinary Arts Center x 2 (dinner) want to try both menus

This is going to be amazing. We are going all out for this cruise. We could never afford to eat on land at restaurants with this cuisine, let alone the stellar HAL service! It would be $200.00+ ever time and then some. That's why we always take a "DAM" ship vacation!!!

We also enjoyed a dinner there and had the same menu except I had trout. Sadly there were only 4 people in attendance so I hope more people discover eating there. We enjoyed talking to the chief and the other staff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

How did you make reservations ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our cruise was not typical. Would check with ship services to find out if you can do it pre cruise. Otherwise once onboard make it your priority

Really comfortable. The renderings weren't 100% here. They make it look like on the front corners of the cushions part of the wood comes up above the cushion level and would go into the backs of your thighs while you ****. The chairs don't do that after all and the cushions were very plush.

Thank you

I need my back cushioned from the bottom to the top. Unsuccessful surgery on my fractured lumbar #3 last year.

Ouch! I'm sure they could find something that would help. The backs of the chairs could definitely keep a pillow in place

MV_CAC.jpg

InTheWASide,

That looks amazing! Thanks so much for all the pictures and info you've shared on the Koningsdam.

This looks amazing. I can't wait to try it. Is it something we can pre-book, or do we do it once onboard?

I'm going to be on the christening cruise and called ship services last week about pre-booking the CAC dinner. I was told we can only do it on board (at least, so far).

Thanks for the wonderful photos. Do you know if the Mariner Discount applies?

Here's the rules from the HAL site:

21. What restaurants qualify for 3-, 4- and 5-Star discounts?

The Pinnacle Grill, Canaletto and Tamarind all qualify for Star Level discounts. Le Cirque and De Librije and themed evenings in the Pinnacle Grill such as Chinese Dinner, Japanese Dinner, Indonesian Dinner, Australian Dinner, South America Dinner and Radio Show Dinner also receive Star Level discounts. Master Chef Dinner and Cellar Master Dinner are excluded from for the discounts.

There's no mention of the Culinary Arts Center. We may just have to try this on the Christening Cruise.

"I'm going to be on the christening cruise and called ship services last week about pre-booking the CAC dinner. I was told we can only do it on board (at least, so far)."

Thanks for that info.

Edited by Daisyloo