Fantasia rear Balconies

stuart2468

Im looking into booking another cruise but this time on the Fantasia.

The Room 10251 is available on the sailing i would like and wondered what the room is like and how it compares to having a side balcony. Is it better or worse being at the rear of the ship?

Thanks

I had an aft balcony cabin on my last cruise and would book another one in a heartbeat! The balcony is more than double the depth of most and you're also assigned to what I consider to be the nicer of the two MDRs on deck 6. The nearest elevator takes you directly down to it as well as up to the buffet, which makes it very convenient.

However, there are drawbacks that some would have a problem with. You will definitely feel more vibration than in midships and it takes a bit of time to get used to. But the pluses far outweigh the minuses IMHO. On other cruiselines you'd pay extra for an aft cabin as they're highly prized and sought after.

Edited by Beamafar

Im looking into booking another cruise but this time on the Fantasia.

The Room 10251 is available on the sailing i would like and wondered what the room is like and how it compares to having a side balcony. Is it better or worse being at the rear of the ship?

Thanks

The rooms are standard size 192 sq ft ( 168 living area ; 24 bathroom)

A typical side balcony 42 sq ft

P1020628.jpg

A DECK 10 AFT balcony 118 sq ft

Deck10_aft%201.jpg

You decide which is more desirable

Pete

Thanks Bea. I thought id read somewhere that aft cabins were sort after. Think i may get this one snapped up soon then!

Pete, thanks for the pics. The balcony is huge on the aft cabin. Pitty they dont put any sun loungers here as would be very handy, but i understand why they dont.

stu

Thanks Bea. I thought id read somewhere that aft cabins were sort after. Think i may get this one snapped up soon then!

Pete, thanks for the pics. The balcony is huge on the aft cabin. Pitty they dont put any sun loungers here as would be very handy, but i understand why they dont.

stu

OH yes they do!!

A deck 10 aft balcony avec sunlounger, Just ask the right person which may be as high as the hotel director

divinaaftbalcoy.jpg

I agree with Pete - ask a higher-upper. I asked my cabin steward and he came back with a "Sorry, no. Only for pool deck". I didn't pursue it as the ship was at capacity so I figured that was why I'd been turned down.

Edited by Beamafar

• 4 months later...

Hi!

Just found this post whilst searching for info on Fantasia.

Did you book that cabin and if so have you sailed yet?

We have just booked that cabin for a cruise next year And would love to hear your opinion of it.

Thanks

No I Didn't book this cruise, Although i am still planning on doing it. It was a U.A.E cruise over new year. I instead booked a cruise to the Caribbean in March. My partners first cruise and he is skeptical. Hopefully he'll love it that much we'll be booking the Fantasia in U.A.E.

If not i'm going alone. lol

It's the UAE cruise that we are doing- Christmas 2016. First time cruising with MSC so looking forward to trying a different cruise line. We are cruising with Celebrity cruises in the summer - third time with celebrity and love their ships. We cruised the Caribbean a few years ago and loved it.

I'm sure your partner will love cruising - most people end up hooked - we certainly did!

Hi Sidari. What floor were you on and did you experience water on your balcony from above (pool and window washing)?

Any info and experience would helpful. I am thinking about snagging a balcony on floor 10 but I have read some complaints regarding the water. First hand advice would be great.