MSC Divina 6/12-6/22 Fly and cruise West Med

mikawalton

I'm sorry I am so late on this trip report. But here is part one:

I just returned from an amazing 11 days in the Western Mediterranean. My family and I sailed the Italian, French and Spanish Riviera on board the MSC Divina from June 12-22, 2015. This is my trip review.

20150612_132135.jpg

On June 12, my husband, 11-year-old daughter, my sister and myself were picked up in Philadelphia for our flight to JFK airport in the afternoon. We flew courtesy of Alitalia, an Italian branded aircraft, which is by far the best airline experience I have had in quite some time. We were served a snack, a delicious dinner and breakfast during our 10-hour flight. Wide selections of newly released movies were made available for free for my viewing pleasure. Free music and games were also apart of the amenities provided. I must say, after tasting the airline created pasta, which was delicious by the way, I was so excited about traveling to Italy.

P6130252.JPG

We purchased the flight and cruise package from MSC, which included the air, transfers to and from the airport, cruise port and hotel, the cruise cabin and hotel for two nights. All in all I would give the experience a 3.5 out of 5 stars. The ship was absolutely beautiful. Very clean and well maintained. We had an amazing cabin steward named Kadek who ensured our room was clean and tidy almost magically and also created the cutest little towel animals. My daughter was supposed to room with her aunt, but frequently invited herself into our room for the night. There was a huge double bed sofa, that Kadek ensured was turned down and welcoming for the little princess daily.

P6130253.JPG

P4300166.JPG

CabinWe roomed in a balcony B2 Category on the 12th deck mid ship. I couldn’t have asked for a better location. I felt absolutely no swells at all and slept like a newborn baby. Having the luxury of gazing out of my balcony every day to a new European Riviera location was a dream come true. The room was bright, tastefully decorated and roomy to accommodate my husband and myself, and even the little visitor comfortably. ;0) One of the things I appreciated about the cabin on MSC is that your biggest luggage could fit comfortably under the bed, freeing up your closet space, for what it is meant for, all of your cruise outfits and shoes.

P6130255.JPG

B2 Balcony Cabin Deck 12

P6190766.JPG

P6170356.JPG

P6150216.JPG

P6130257.JPG

I2 Inside Cabin Deck 12

Entertainment

MSC has some of the best shows, I have had the pleasure of viewing. I undoubtedly loved the theoretical performances that often only included music and sometimes were not in my native tongue of English. They were all quite enjoyable and elevated my cruise experience. I thought the pirate show was very well done, and the Michael Jackson show was awesome! This impersonator much have trained under the king of pop himself, he was so good. My family and I also attended a trivia event during our time aboard and a family dance party. To be honest, the ports were so amazing, we were all so exhausted by the time we returned to the ship, I can’t in good conscience review them appropriately on the quality of their on board entertainment.

Really enjoying your review so far! :)

I see you have cruised with several different lines...I hope you will do some "compare and contrast" between MSC and the others. We hope to try several more cruise lines eventually so I always like to hear how peoples' experiences differ on the various lines.

I'd be very interested, too, in how your experience of MSC compares with other lines, especially with X.

Thanks for sharing, so far. I'll be following along with great interest as I'm doing this cruise in a few weeks time.

So glad to be reading this review. I leave in 68 days for our 10 night cruise out of PHL with a few nights in Rome before! I was hoping to see a North American's POV before going. Did you have the water package they instituted?

Thanks for the review! We are sailing in September. We will have 2 picky eating toddlers. Did you notice if they had children's menus/items? I'm particularly interested in if they had chicken nuggets and yogurt.

They have children's menus on all their ships. There is a kids corner on the buffet. Don't know about chicken nuggets but they always have yogurt at breakfast on the buffet. If it's not available later, take a few extra and keep them in your mini bar.

Edited by AmoMondo

Thanks for the review! We are sailing in September. We will have 2 picky eating toddlers. Did you notice if they had children's menus/items? I'm particularly interested in if they had chicken nuggets and yogurt.

Yes they had chicken nuggets on the children's buffet on the Divina in the Caribbean, and they were GOOD!:D

They have children's menus on all their ships. There is a kids corner on the buffet. Don't know about chicken nuggets but they always have yogurt at breakfast on the buffet. If it's not available later, take a few extra and keep them in your mini bar.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...