Private tour to Jost van Dyke

Minoushka

The ship offers onebut i would like to find a tour operator which stays most of the day in Tortola to really enjoy snorkeling at Jost Van dyke

Any info would be appreciated .....costs etc ..

Ncl offers one but we come back waytoo early

Please advise

Michele

The ship offers onebut i would like to find a tour operator which stays most of the day in Tortola to really enjoy snorkeling at Jost Van dyke

Please advise

Michele

Snorkeling at Jost can best be described as marginal. At White Bay there is some to the far left as you face the beach, but it is really not good, and involves some long swims.

If going to Jost, go for the beach, not the snorkeling.

BTW - I highly recommend Jost, just not as a snorkeling destination.

Please advise

Michele

Are you aware that NCL recently changed port times in Tortola for a lot of their sailings. Departure for my sailing is now 3:00, so that means we will have to be back on board by 2:30. Double-check before you book any private excursion.

Jost Van Dyke is a another island in the BVIs. Beautiful beaches, very small without much good snorkeling & accessible mainly by boat. The Soggy Dollar bar is worth a look though.

There are many private vendors that offer boat based snorkeling excursions. Patouche, Caribbean Images, & mystique are a few of the vendors.

Keep in mind that the port time for Tortola is now 7-3. Don't know if the charters are willing to adjust.

If you want the maximum time on Tortola for beach snorkeling, Take a taxi to Smugglers Cove or Brewers Bay.

There are always options for the right price. You can contact Joe at Patouche and see if he has someone to take you over on his smaller boat and what the price would be. Be advised it will not be cheap, and the gas used will be on top of that. Jost is on the west side of Tortola and you are docked on the east side so it's a trip. Kuralu and Aristocat make runs there and you can also see what they have going on that day. They will stop at Green Cay or somewhere for snorkeling, Jost will be a beach bar stop.

For great snorkeling just hop a taxi going to Brewers Bay right on Tortola for $8pp each way and enjoy your day there. Nicole's rents snorkel gear/lounges and has a great burger.

• 2 months later...