Yellow looking photos

CMee

Can someone help. I noticed when I take pictures inside the ship everything has a yellow look to it, if I turn the flash off then they're not yellow but of course they're dark and don't turn out. anyone have suggestions about why the yellow and what to do about it?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Forums mobile app

Probably you have the camera set up for daylight. The light inside the ship might be by lightbulbs, spotlights and would require you set up the camera for incandescent lights. Presetting your camera to white balance can be useful not not as much as setting the camera for the exact light v- sunlight, shade, incandescent etc.

Can someone help. I noticed when I take pictures inside the ship everything has a yellow look to it, if I turn the flash off then they're not yellow but of course they're dark and don't turn out. anyone have suggestions about why the yellow and what to do about it?

Thanks very much

If you plan to switch your camera's auto white balance off, be sure to remember to change it back (or switch to a different setting) before shooting in different lighting like outside during the day. It has taken me a while to get in the habit of double-checking settings before starting a new session and have occasionally had some bad shots from using "leftover" incorrect settings for the situation (e.g. high ISO in daylight).

+1 for what Bobmcliberty said.. nothing worse than looking at a days take from walking around a port and realizing you never rest from 2800K when you did that family pictures at dinner last night. Been there, done that and yes, you can fix it sort of,