NOTS Best Embarkation Time

TinyTina81

Hello All,

Heading out for my second RCI cruise on Sunday on the Navigator of the Seas and wondering what is the best time(s) to arrive at port for embarkation?

This is the first time we've embarked as Gold Members which I believe have a slight priority over non C&A members? If so what do we need to look for at the port to get into the correct line/area?

The last time we cruised with RCI we waited at the airport for the cruise shuttles to start running around 10:30-11 am and when we got to the port the line was outside and wrapped around the building so I was hoping some more experienced cruises could provide some advice on best arrival times for hopefully the shortest wait.

Thanks!

Hello All,

Heading out for my second RCI cruise on Sunday on the Navigator of the Seas and wondering what is the best time(s) to arrive at port for embarkation?

This is the first time we've embarked as Gold Members which I believe have a slight priority over non C&A members? If so what do we need to look for at the port to get into the correct line/area?

The last time we cruised with RCI we waited at the airport for the cruise shuttles to start running around 10:30-11 am and when we got to the port the line was outside and wrapped around the building so I was hoping some more experienced cruises could provide some advice on best arrival times for hopefully the shortest wait.

Thanks!

On the Feb 3 cruise it was a bit of a nightmare. The van was tangle up in traffic as there were 6 ships departing that day. When we finally got near at 11:45 there were bags all over the place and concern as to when we would get our luggage. It took almost an hour to get on the ship.

If you want the shortest wait, I'd arrive after 2pm, when staterooms will be open and Windjammer won't be so crowded.

+1.

Biker, who walked onto his Nav sailing at 1:30, got to the cabin just as they opened and got on Flowrider by 1:45 with almost no wait.

For Navigator... I would suggest to be there when open at 10:30am so boarding around 11:15am or after 2pm when all the mad house is over and is just walk in, pick up seapass card and boarding the ship.

I always hated to be seated in a cruise ship terminal or doing lines, vacations means no worries... enjoy your sailing... can't wait for mine... Brilliance B2B2B this coming March... :)

On the Feb 3 cruise it was a bit of a nightmare. The van was tangle up in traffic as there were 6 ships departing that day. When we finally got near at 11:45 there were bags all over the place and concern as to when we would get our luggage. It took almost an hour to get on the ship.

The reason it was a nightmare that day was because someone pulled the fire alarm around 10 am and they had to evacuate the building as well as the fire department and police had to come. We were also on the Feb 12 cruise and it was completely different in the morning. We like to arrive around 10:30 am in order to get on sooner.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

How about sailing from Europe?

We are On Northern European Cruise leaving from Southampton, and we are going to be in a suite.

Should we arrive early, or it doesn't matter?

I like the idea of trying all those on ship entertainment like wave rider and so on - without waiting in a line. I know my daughter would like to try those.

And I see that this cruise is going to be very full, so I should expect lines everywhere.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Should we arrive early, or it doesn't matter?

I like the idea of trying all those on ship entertainment like wave rider and so on - without waiting in a line. I know my daughter would like to try those.

And I see that this cruise is going to be very full, so I should expect lines everywhere.

They might do things slightly differently on embarkation at that port, but it probably doesn't matter.

If the weather is cool, you'll likely have a shorter line at Flowrider.

All sailings are quite full, just schedule things to stay away from the crowds, like WJ on embarkation day.

They might do things slightly differently on embarkation at that port, but it probably doesn't matter.

If the weather is cool, you'll likely have a shorter line at Flowrider.

All sailings are quite full, just schedule things to stay away from the crowds, like WJ on embarkation day.

Thank you!