suite on liberty or balcony on allure

nikrod73

Hello all! We (family of 5 and 2 grandparents) will be going on our first cruise next March. We have a Royal Family Suite booked on Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas, which will be recently renovated at that time (Jan.). We're now questioning if 2 balcony rooms or ocean view rooms on the Allure (also upcoming renovation) would be better. Allure better ship? Or better to have suite benefits/space? Liberty will have 3 stops: Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel. Allure is going to the Bahamas. Not sure what to do as I am trying to plan for best cruise possible for all in family, likely only cruise grandparents will ever be on. Thanks for the help!

Welcome to cc.

I don't have an opinion on either of the cabin choices.

My initial thought reading your question, is that I wouldn't consider the Bahamas as a preferred cruise destination, especially for your family's first cruise.

Personally I have nothing against the Bahamas, but with the many Caribbean destinations available I would look at the itinerary first and then decide on the ship and the cabins.

Lucky you have chosen this site...go to the ports of call section and research some of the things you can do on these islands. Tons of opinions from people who have recently been there.

If you really only have the two options you stated, I would go to Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel regardless of the cabin class.

Either way

Have a great cruise

Hello all! We (family of 5 and 2 grandparents) will be going on our first cruise next March. We have a Royal Family Suite booked on Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas, which will be recently renovated at that time (Jan.). We're now questioning if 2 balcony rooms or ocean view rooms on the Allure (also upcoming renovation) would be better. Allure better ship? Or better to have suite benefits/space? Liberty will have 3 stops: Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel. Allure is going to the Bahamas. Not sure what to do as I am trying to plan for best cruise possible for all in family, likely only cruise grandparents will ever be on. Thanks for the help!

Welcome to Cruise Critic Nikrod73.

Having cruises in a Grand Suite on Explorer of the Seas I can you suite experience it truly spectacular.

Here is youtube video featuring a Royal Family Suite:

You can't go wrong with this cabin it has two cabins, two bathrooms, a beautiful living room space and an enormous balcony. Also you will have the use of the Concierge Lounge which serves snacks throughout the days, hors doeuvres and comp. cocktails at night.

There are many great perks to being in a suite, invitations to special events, special pool and production show seating and much more.

I would say go with the Royal Family Suite on Liberty.

Jonathan

Suite, hands down...we've done both ships,in both suite and 2 balconies, and we truly enjoyed being spoiled in the family suite. Are you a family of 5, plus two grandparents? If so, the suite is truly the way to go. It also has a tub,which is great if your kids are young. I have to agree with the others that Nassau isn't a favorite port, but you do have the choice to stay onboard and enjoy a very nice ship!