Azura 8th May - delayed by 24hrs

caroline135

In case it gets missed in the other thread by anyone who needs to know ....

It's just been announced on the official Facebook page that this cruise will now depart 24hrs later than scheduled due to the electrical problems in Norway. Hope they speed through the bay and people don't miss any ports [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by caroline135

What a shame for the passengers but nothing they can do I guess.

Just out of interest - what happens with people who have hotels booked for the Thursday night for example? And of course P&O have coaches scheduled, must be a nightmare to sort out!

What a shame - let us know how you go on.

I can't imagine being in Southampton and finding out that the ship is leaving a day later. Not sure where we would stay for the extra night.

And, how sad to miss a night on the ship.

From what I've seen in the past P&O seem to deal with issues like this well, so I hope they look after their passengers on this one.

We've just had a call from P&O saying it will be delayed by 48 hours - leaving on Sunday. Some ports will be missed out but they didn't know which ones; I'm assuming the early ones so they can get back on schedule, Cadiz & Barcelona? Anyone else heard anything similar?:mad:

We did panic when we arrived for Oriana at Easter to find that it was 24 hours delayed but P and O had it well under control. No need to book your own hotel as P and O coaches us to the Holiday Inn at Portsmouth with free meals and wine.:eek:

Just out of interest - what happens with people who have hotels booked for the Thursday night for example? And of course P&O have coaches scheduled, must be a nightmare to sort out!

I have read a post that said the company would take care of any hotel expenses, nights booked and not used.

We have been told leaving Sunday at 3pm but to stand by our phones and email as they will be in touch to confirm new itinerary. Our guess is the same as Yeshawk in terms of ports dropped, or maybe Monte Carlo which was to be tendered. Discount on future cruise and cash back has also been offered.,luckily we live less than an hour from Southampton so no hotel or coach to worry about.

Just been notified by phone, hoping for 3pm sailing Sunday, however were booked into Botley Park tomorrow night, so managed to ring and extend for Friday & Saturday night! Hoping we will be reimbursed extra 2 nights hotel costs, as she did say that over phone :confused::confused:

We've just had a call from P&O saying it will be delayed by 48 hours - leaving on Sunday. Some ports will be missed out but they didn't know which ones; I'm assuming the early ones so they can get back on schedule, Cadiz & Barcelona? Anyone else heard anything similar?:mad:

Surely not Barcelona? A big highlight port I would think.

Just been notified by phone, hoping for 3pm sailing Sunday, however were booked into Botley Park tomorrow night, so managed to ring and extend for Friday & Saturday night! Hoping we will be reimbursed extra 2 nights hotel costs, as she did say that over phone :confused::confused:

Lucky you could get in! If they said they would I'm sure they will. I feel for you all .

It's such a difficult situation, we are on the following cruise to Norway so watching with interest

We were told if everything fixed it shouldn't effect next cruise, as ours will still finish as planned, knock on effect would be to major, so hopefully you should be ok!:)

Is this cruise A510, as in the brochure it is due to leave on the 9th which is Saturday. Have they changed to days of sailing before this? Someone mentioned Monte Carlo and in the Brochure it says Cannes, which is also a tender port.

Hi Dai,

You are quite correct about the brochure date. I seem to remember that there was some shuffling of dates around this time after the brochure came out.

Southampton VTS shows Azura departure on 8th.

Brian

Is this cruise A510, as in the brochure it is due to leave on the 9th which is Saturday. Have they changed to days of sailing before this? Someone mentioned Monte Carlo and in the Brochure it says Cannes, which is also a tender port.

It's actually A510N - the departure date was changed quite early on last year to Friday 8th. We booked it in August last year as A510N. We are now due to sail 48 hrs late on Sunday at 1500 hrs - as long as they fix the problem. Had a call just after 6pm this evening. Very disappointed but nothing we can do about it. We have managed to change our hotel booking OK fortunately.

We are due to call at Monte Carlo - tender port but obviously we are going to miss at least one port now, if not two. Whether we miss Monte Carlo or not remains to be seen. Revised itinerary tomorrow by email apparently.

At least our cats have two days less to be lonely......:D

See you on J510 DiaB !

I must say this cruise does feel a bit jinxed!! We booked it while on board her last May and they changed both the departure date AND itinerary just a couple of days later...now the delay, but we understand, and are going with the flow so to speak!!

Azura has left Bergen and on the way to Southampton doing 18knots. ETA at pilot station is 2200UTC on 8th May. If all goes well it looks like a Saturday departure is possible unless they need to do more work.

I don't know which terminal she will use as the four main terminals are already occupied on Saturday.

Brian

Can't see this email? View it online

P&O Cruises

Important Information

Dear Passenger,

Azura update 11.15am:

We are working through the arrangements for Sunday with regards to the itinerary as there will inevitably be changes to the port order. In order to do that we have to contact each port individually and wait for the confirmation, so it takes a while. We know this is the information everyone wants to know and we will have further updates throughout the day.

We can now confirm though that boarding at the Mayflower Terminal on Sunday will be staggered by deck and will be between 10.30am and 1.30pm. We will be sending everyone full details of the itinerary and specific boarding times by text and email later today and will of course post it here as well. As soon as we have further details confirmed we will of course let you know but be assured we are doing everything we can as quickly as we can.

Kind regards

Christopher Edgington

Director, P&O Cruises

P&O Cruises

P&O Cruises is a trading name of Carnival plc, a company incorporated in England with company number 04039524 and with registered office at Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton, SO15 1ST. VAT reg no: GB 761 4300 58. ATOL 6294 ABTA V8764.

AbtaAtolClia

Some up to date information for this cruise.

We are pleased to confirm the new itinerary for Azura's cruise which will leave Southampton on Sunday. Unfortunately we have had to omit Cadiz and Naples but have retained the rest of the ports of call as follows.

Sunday May 10 - Southampton - sail at 1500

Monday May 11 - at sea

Tuesday May 12 - at sea

Wednesday May 13 - at sea

Thursday May 14 - Barcelona 0800 - 1700

Friday May 15 - Monte Carlo 0800 - 1800

Saturday May 16 - Civitavecchia (for tours to Rome) 0700 - 1900

Sunday May 17 - Cagliari, Sardinia 0900 - 1700

Monday May 18 - at sea

Tuesday May 19 - Gibraltar 0800 - 1300

Wednesday May 20 - at sea

Thursday May 21 - at sea

Friday May 22 - Southampton

All those who have booked tours will be transferred automatically to the new dates. Tours for Cadiz and Naples will be refunded.

To summarise the arrangements:

Check in times are as follows

R deck - 10.30 am

A deck - 11.00 am

B & C deck - 12pm

D & E deck - 1pm

F & P deck - 1.30pm

Check in will close at 1.45pm as we are aiming to sail at 3pm.

For those travelling by coach either with us or Eavesway then the time will be the same, but on Sunday morning instead of Friday.

We will be sending everyone full details by text and email today.

Again we apologise for the disruption and delay and will be doing everything we can to ensure everyone has a fantastic holiday.

I thought Barcelona was in Spain not the Caribbean, four days!!! could have gone a bit faster captain :confused:

You clearly have little understanding of ships or speeds. The distance in over 1766nm and at an average of 20knts it will take 3 days and 16 hours. The time given by P&O is 3 days & 17 hours.

You clearly have little understanding of ships or speeds. The distance in over 1766nm and at an average of 20knts it will take 3 days and 1 6 hours. The time given by P&O is 3 days & 17 hours.

Hi pension cruiser daiB is right being ex MN working on cruise ships around three days ten hours is about right. EG QUEEN MARY 1 three days seventeen hours nantuckit light ship to lands end new york to southampton 3,000 mls :)