Princess deals on Alaska

Sandi07054

There is some special going on right now for 2017. I compared prices to 2018 and it looks like depending on what type of room you book, it can be cheaper going 2017 or 2018. If you know when you want to go, it's probably best to book it now and then just keep reshopping it. If the price goes down or they have a special booking offer, rebook it then.

Alaska is extremely popular. I would book as early as possible and then watch to see if there are any better deals before the cruise rolls around. Sometimes you will find a better deal and many times you will find that, despite multiple "sales" and "promotions" you got the lowest price possible when you booked way in advance.

Last couple of years they have had good sales for August/September sailings starting around middle of June. Last minute means you don't have as much cabin choice but can be a good deal. Tip: If you are on Coral or Island you don't need a balcony. Large glassed in pool area around the Lotus Pool has well-padded loungers and you can watch the scenery in shorts and step outside to take pictures. While many of the obstructed view cabins on Emerald behind the lifeboats have a decent view, avoid the ones around E330. These are above the stage of the Wheelhouse Bar and are very close to the atrium. Can be LOUD up to around 11. Music wasn't so bad but the vocals were off key.

We are looking at cruises to Alaska on Princess. I have only stayed in a balcony but they are just too pricey. When is the best time for finding cruises on saleSeems like Alaska is very popular

Thx

If you have a preferred date and cabin, suggest you book as soon as you can. You can re-fare once you come across new deals/price drops on your booked cruise if the bottom line price is lower.

Alaska is extremely popular. I would book as early as possible and then watch to see if there are any better deals before the cruise rolls around. Sometimes you will find a better deal and many times you will find that, despite multiple "sales" and "promotions" you got the lowest price possible when you booked way in advance.

If you have a preferred date and cabin, suggest you book as soon as you can. You can re-fare once you come across new deals/price drops on your booked cruise if the bottom line price is lower.

True before final payment is due,

After final payment any better pricing is usually for new bookings only.

I was told by phone agent that new sales will kick off on March 7th, and will be back to free gratuities and some amount of OBC (versus the current sale offering of OBC + free specialty dinner). Closer in, room choices can get sparse... no real downside of booking early though imho as you can always re-price the booking up until final payment to capture price drops/better promos.

My sample size of "1" is too small to matter, but I booked during a March sale for a cruise in August of that same year. Then, in May during the Red White and Blue sale, I re-fared at a price of $350 per person lower plus some other perks. After that sale, the price never again came close to what it was in May. In fact, each of my last three cruises was either booked or re-fared during the Red White and Blue sale and each time that proved to be the absolute lowest price for those cruises. So if you want to go this year, you might want to check out the March sale and then keep your eyes open in May for a better price.