Bidding for haven on Escape

cruizecrazygramma

I tried to modify my bid last night and today but I get a screen with the Norwegian Logo that says "There was an error." I am not too confident either as I started low and have inched up. A ways out yet and Haven rooms are either selling out or upselling for our cruise.

I tried to modify my bid last night and today but I get a screen with the Norwegian Logo that says "There was an error." I am not too confident either as I started low and have inched up. A ways out yet and Haven rooms are either selling out or upselling for our cruise.

I was having the same issues with trying to modify my bid so I contacted them this morning to let them know. This is the response that I got back:

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting us! We are experiencing technical issues, our team is currently working on it. Please check back later to modify your bid.

Have a great day,

Upgrade Advantage

http://www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line"

I was having the same issues with trying to modify my bid so I contacted them this morning to let them know. This is the response that I got back:

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting us! We are experiencing technical issues, our team is currently working on it. Please check back later to modify your bid.

Have a great day,

Upgrade Advantage

http://www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line"

Thanks, I was just going to contact them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I checked too. Am happy with original large balcony cabin though so in the end, no real concerns. Money saved will pay for another vacation!

Could be they are prepping the system for when the bidding process goes fleetwide next month. Or at least that's what I read was going to happen I believe on another thread. That post also said you would only be able to up one category going forward. So that would mean you'd need to reserve a mini-suite to bid on the Haven if I am not mistaken.

Yes, I checked too. Am happy with original large balcony cabin though so in the end, no real concerns. Money saved will pay for another vacation!

Could be they are prepping the system for when the bidding process goes fleetwide next month. Or at least that's what I read was going to happen I believe on another thread. That post also said you would only be able to up one category going forward. So that would mean you'd need to reserve a mini-suite to bid on the Haven if I am not mistaken.

I suspect you are correct regarding the upgrading of the system for the fleet wide launch, as I also read that info. I also like the idea of saving money for another vacation, but I'd love to get an upgrade as well. I guess I will just keep checking back and see how it plays out. No matter what, hopefully the weather is great and we all have fun!

I suspect you are correct regarding the upgrading of the system for the fleet wide launch, as I also read that info. I also like the idea of saving money for another vacation, but I'd love to get an upgrade as well. I guess I will just keep checking back and see how it plays out. No matter what, hopefully the weather is great and we all have fun!

I'm still having the error issue as well.

Just for the heck of it, I decided to cancel my bid to see what would happen. Their system let me cancel and start over from scratch with a new bid. I had to reenter my credit card info. Shortly after a confirmation email for the new bid request was sent. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up! :eek:

I'm still having the error issue as well.

Just for the heck of it, I decided to cancel my bid to see what would happen. Their system let me cancel and start over from scratch with a new bid. I had to reenter my credit card info. Shortly after a confirmation email for the new bid request was sent. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up! :eek:

Nice, thanks for the tip, I will try that!

Nice, thanks for the tip, I will try that!

I just cancelled and was allowed to rebook as well. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive the confirmation email. The area on the website that shows your bids now shows my new bid, as well as my old bid with the word "cancelled" beside it. Like you, I'm hoping I did not mess anything up

It is my understanding that for upgrades on the Escape they must be obtained by means of a bidding process. It was recently announced that this bidding process will go fleet wide, thereby eliminating the upsell department. Approximately 80 days prior to your sailing you will receive an email which will direct you to a website which will show you certain categories of cabins which you can bid on. You will be notified at least 48 hours prior to you cruise if you have "won" the upgrade and your credit card will be charged.

Edited by dodgeenterprises

For all of you that got the email offer for the chance to upsell, did you book through a TA or via the NCL website or other... I booked through the website and have been waiting/hoping to receive an email with no luck. We booked in November and sail in two weeks.

For all of you that got the email offer for the chance to upsell, did you book through a TA or via the NCL website or other... I booked through the website and have been waiting/hoping to receive an email with no luck. We booked in November and sail in two weeks.

I booked through NCL directly, via telephone.