Carnival Spirit - Obstructed Balcony cabins

judithann423

We have booked for August in grade BL a balcony guarantee. We appreciate that in all probability we will get an obstructed balcony cabin - fair enough - you get what you pay for.

Has anyone had experience of these cabins, would be interested to hear your comments.

Many thanks

Judy

We have booked for August in grade BL a balcony guarantee. We appreciate that in all probability we will get an obstructed balcony cabin - fair enough - you get what you pay for.

Has anyone had experience of these cabins, would be interested to hear your comments.

Many thanks

Judy

Yes, I have been in an obstructed balcony on the Spirit. The view out to sea isn't obstructed. There are lifeboats outside the rooms on the deck below that block the view looking down. They're not bad rooms at all.

One of our favorite cruises was on the Spirit (room V27). We had a great view, barely any obstruction, and a great location. Sure am sad that the ship moved to Australia (we were on the second to last US trip - 9 days out of San Diego) as I'd take that trip again in a heartbeat. Enjoy the ship and your trip!

Thank you so much for your replies, I am feeling much better now, I am sure the cabin will be fine.

Anyway, it was a last minute decision at a very good price, so just to have an additional unexpected cruise is the bonus.

We sailed on the Legend last September from Honolulu to Sydney and had a lovely time so it will be great to be back on her sister.

Thanks again, Judy

Most of the obstruction is because you cannot look down as the lifeboats are in the way.

The first three lifeboats are tenders with taller front sections. The cabins towards the front of each tender will have their view out almost completely blocked. We had a cabin at the rear of a tender and simply couldn't look down.

Keep your drapes drawn. At times the crew does maintenance on and around the lifeboats.

One of our favorite cruises was on the Spirit (room V27). We had a great view, barely any obstruction, and a great location. Sure am sad that the ship moved to Australia (we were on the second to last US trip - 9 days out of San Diego) as I'd take that trip again in a heartbeat. Enjoy the ship and your trip!

You are mixing up your Spirit cruise with your cruises on Fantasy class. Only Fantasy class has a V27. EM

• 2 weeks later...

Every time i have booked one of these rooms on Spirit or Legend i have had a upgrade to non obstructed. The only time was the tender boat was below the room. Tenders are on decks 4, i had a room on deck 5, so had great view of ocean & if i looked down a top of a tender boat...

My one and only time on carnival Spirit. I paid for a guaranteed balcony, expecting a room with an obstruicted balcony but got an unobstructed balcony room.

I did try and look at the obstructed view balcony rooms. They seemed to me that if you sat down in a chair, you would not see anything but if you stood up on the balcony, you could see over the boats.

In any case, if you search youtube, you will see some examples of obstructed view cabins.

• 4 years later...