Dawn - Boston

pegdave

Help with a decision please ! Should we drive into Boston for cruise or take the train. We are coming in from Connecticut and the money is the same. Just can't decide [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi my vote is to drive. September weather should not be an issue. You don't have to handle your luggage on and off the train and in and out of taxis. At the end of the cruise your transportation is there and you are on your way home. We have an issue when we cruise out of NY because the cost to park at Pier 88 now is sky high. (nearly $400.00 for a 7 day cruise) that alternative transportation is cheaper.

I would drive. The parking garage is right there. It's a cluster dropping off luggage first so I would just park and walk across the street. I believe we paid $120 to park last time. Not sure of the price today.

Which lot did you park in? I think there area few?

Hi my vote is to drive. September weather should not be an issue. You don't have to handle your luggage on and off the train and in and out of taxis. At the end of the cruise your transportation is there and you are on your way home. We have an issue when we cruise out of NY because the cost to park at Pier 88 now is sky high. (nearly $400.00 for a 7 day cruise) that alternative transportation is cheaper.

I know NYC we never park in their lot. We take s train there for sure.

We will also be on the same sailing! We sail every year out of Boston the parking is very close to the cruise terminal. You can either park in the garage or a lot both are very close. I believe it is $140.00 for the week. If you take the train you will have to get transportation to the cruise terminal. It is very nice to get off the ship and have your car right there!

I also vote drive..... this may be overkill info but...

Black Falcon Terminal

Flynn Cruiseport (Boston)

https://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/

# Shuttle & Cell Phone Lot: 22 Fid Kennedy Ave, Boston, MA 02210 ($20 / $19 pre pay & short bus shuttle back to pier. This lot is used 24 / 7 by area businesses)

# Garage: 12 Drydock Ave, South Boston, MA 02210 ($20 & walking distance. This garage is used 24 / 7 by area businesses)

# Bow Lot: EDIC Pier, Boston, MA 02210 ($20 & walking distance. This lot is cruise-only and secured during the period of the cruise)

- If driving .... continue all the way down Drydock Ave and it will loop around to the right and turn into Black Falcon Ave. Stay in line of cars and after the taxi line, pull left to unload luggage to porters. If you want to park in "Bow Lot" (my personal preference) then continue on approx 0.12 miles and lot is on left. Pay, Park and walk the 3 minutes back to pier. Since you already dropped off your luggage, stay along the right (away from people getting off buses, being dropped off) and head to escalator that says "this way to ship". You do NOT have to stay in the huge middle line as those are the people dropping off luggage.... just walk around them.

I got off the Dawn yesterday. We drove from NJ and it was simple. We were at the Pier before 8 am, unloaded passenger and toddler, parked car about 50 yards deom ship at the bow of the boat. Walked back, porters arrived and took our bags, walked around for an hour with the stroller then returned to begin embarkation. I commented to some friends that despite leaving home at 3:30 am, id prefer the drive to Boston over the mess in NY any day. While walking we also saw the other parking lot which is only a 3 minute walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got off the Dawn yesterday. We drove from NJ and it was simple. We were at the Pier before 8 am, unloaded passenger and toddler, parked car about 50 yards deom ship at the bow of the boat. Walked back, porters arrived and took our bags, walked around for an hour with the stroller then returned to begin embarkation. I commented to some friends that despite leaving home at 3:30 am, id prefer the drive to Boston over the mess in NY any day. While walking we also saw the other parking lot which is only a 3 minute walk.

Oh thank you so much ! Do you know if you parked was it called the Bow lot - 12 dry dock? Hey did to happen to notice any preseason football on any tvs? How was the ship? We have only been on the Breakaway class so unsure if the smaller class ship.

Oh thank you so much ! Do you know if you parked was it called the Bow lot - 12 dry dock? Hey did to happen to notice any preseason football on any tvs? How was the ship? We have only been on the Breakaway class so unsure if the smaller class ship.

Check my post #13.... Bow Lot is just used to describe the lot located at the bow of the ship..... but it's real name (GPS address) is EDIC Pier. . . 12 Drydock is the garage

NFL games shown are typically the prime time Sunday, Monday, and Thursday nights only

Check my post #13.... Bow Lot is just used to describe the lot located at the bow of the ship..... but it's real name (GPS address) is EDIC Pier. . . 12 Drydock is the garage

NFL games shown are typically the prime time Sunday, Monday, and Thursday nights only

Great thank you so much for your info.

Wish we were cruising on same sailing! Take care of my ship! Hopefully Alain is on!

Last cruise on the Dawn Alain did recognize Patty and I. Obviously with so many folks he meets he couldn't remember the exact dinner we had at La Cucina.

Next week this time we will be overnighting at Kings warf. We will do everything in our limited ability to deliver you a good ship!

Last cruise on the Dawn Alain did recognize Patty and I. Obviously with so many folks he meets he couldn't remember the exact dinner we had at La Cucina.

Next week this time we will be overnighting at Kings warf. We will do everything in our limited ability to deliver you a good ship!

Thank you! Hopefully we both have good weather! We usually do Bermuda earlier in the season! Have a blast!

On that cruise also. If you take the train into South Station, transfer to MBTA Silver Line is easy, and it's a pretty short and cheap ride out to Black Falcon cruise terminal. You don't need to take a taxi unless you want to. We took the Silver line last cruise from South Station to cruise terminal, and we plan to do it this cruise as well. http://www.massport.com/cruiseport/to-from-cruiseport/public-transportation/

On that cruise also. If you take the train into South Station, transfer to MBTA Silver Line is easy, and it's a pretty short and cheap ride out to Black Falcon cruise terminal. You don't need to take a taxi unless you want to. We took the Silver line last cruise from South Station to cruise terminal, and we plan to do it this cruise as well. http://www.massport.com/cruiseport/to-from-cruiseport/public-transportation/

So you like taking the train over driving?

First time visiting Boston, so we are not familiar with the area around the cruise port. Are there any good/Interesting areas close by to go for a walk either pre or post cruise? Thanks so much

I would drive. The parking garage is right there. It's a cluster dropping off luggage first so I would just park and walk across the street. I believe we paid $120 to park last time. Not sure of the price today.

So I don't have to drop luggage first? I was under impression that I did? If I don't it's easy to wheel over? Thank you