Dawn - Boston

pegdave

So I don't have to drop luggage first? I was under impression that I did? If I don't it's easy to wheel over? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do NOT have to drop-off luggage first.

From the surface lot: there's a dedicated, smooth walkway to the terminal. No streets to cross. You'd have anywhere from 100-500 yard walk.

From the garage: you have to cross 2 busy streets. There's some cobblestone walkways (hard on luggage) to deal with. Maybe a 500 yard walk.

You do NOT have to drop-off luggage first.

From the surface lot: there's a dedicated, smooth walkway to the terminal. No streets to cross. You'd have anywhere from 100-500 yard walk.

From the garage: you have to cross 2 busy streets. There's some cobblestone walkways (hard on luggage) to deal with. Maybe a 500 yard walk.

"dedicated, smooth walkway to the terminal" sounds really good. What is the address of this surface lot, so that I can enter it in my GPS. Thanks so much.

I just booked this ship again for Sept 8. I'm flying in Friday. When I drive, I use a valet vendor who shuttles me to the airport and I simply take the Free Sliver line to the port. :) $2.75 back to the airport, with about 1./2 the rates of of port parking.

Will be picking up the 9/15 cruise if it dumps like the 9/8 cruise did. so maybe see you on board. :)

Oh this is a different address then the one I was told was the best. The bow lot is 12 dry dock ave. Do you know the walk is from there?

It is the "Bow Lot".

However, signage is terrible for parking. A traffic cop will direct you to the garage, or the surface lot. He directed us to the garage (right beside him) on 8/25, and then the garage attendant stopped us and directed us back to the bow lot. We were one of the first to park in the bow lot (10:15am).

I don't know whether they first fill the garage, then revert to surface parking. You probably won't have a choice. You will be directed to one, or the other.

This is such a wonderfully informative thread! Thank you to all who contributed. Pegdave, would you mind sharing this thread on our roll call?

Thanks again everyone!

Cherie

Not at all. But how?? lol

Oh this is a different address then the one I was told was the best. The bow lot is 12 dry dock ave. Do you know the walk is from there?

pegdave, I will try for a SECOND time in this very thread..... the addresses relative to Black Falcon Pier are located in Post #13...... 12 Drydock is the GARAGE not the Bow Lot..

The Bow Lot is EDIC Pier for GPS purposes.

So you like taking the train over driving?

Well, not Amtrak...but still a train. We are Massachusetts locals, so we will take commuter rail in to South Station, then transfer to MBTA Silver Line. Same South Station experience as Amtrak - they all pull in to the same tracks. It's an easy transfer, and cheap, quick ride out to pier via Silver Line. No need to worry about parking. We like it - yes.

Here is some info on MBTA Silver line: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Line_(MBTA)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Line_(MBTA)

I saw people mention traffic. We are on this cruise 10/27 and live about 45 minutes away in RI. I don't drive to Boston much but would there really be traffic at about 10:30am?

RI has many options to head into Boston.... if you are heading up 95 then 93 (SE Expressway) the rush hour is over. It will be congested with volume but you won't have an issue..... if you are heading in from northern RI (along 146) it may be worth going up and taking the Mass Pike in (an even easier ride to the pier)

RI has many options to head into Boston.... if you are heading up 95 then 93 (SE Expressway) the rush hour is over. It will be congested with volume but you won't have an issue..... if you are heading in from northern RI (along 146) it may be worth going up and taking the Mass Pike in (an even easier ride to the pier)

Thanks! I'd be taking 93

pegdave, I will try for a SECOND time in this very thread..... the addresses relative to Black Falcon Pier are located in Post #13...... 12 Drydock is the GARAGE not the Bow Lot..

The Bow Lot is EDIC Pier for GPS purposes.

Sorry to be asking ago - but when I enter edic pier in gps nothing comes up. I need an address - which one should I enter to get the bow lot[emoji53]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to be asking ago - but when I enter edic pier in gps nothing comes up. I need an address - which one should I enter to get the bow lot[emoji53]

"EDIC Pier Boston, MA" works in Waze and Google Maps....

No issue asking at all......

Yes I found that out. Was trying to put it in my GPS that is in my car. But yes works in Google maps. Thank you

Oh my goodness we are in just a little confusion once I. Boston but when I tell you my car is right next to the ship 96c7906d7a2ef3b85b812e3260239722.jpg it is! https://

Edited by pegdave

Help with a decision please ! Should we drive into Boston for cruise or take the train. We are coming in from Connecticut and the money is the same. Just can't decide [emoji849]

The parking is very reasonable compared to the NY parking scene. The parking lot is across the street from the terminal with easy on and off access. .