Latitudes Rewards Question

MBMGWM

My wife and I have had multiple sailings over the years on NCL ships. While we're generally aware of the various bronze, gold, etc levels, we haven't paid all that much attention to them in the past. We've scheduled two almost-back-to-back cruises for early 2016 (first cruise ends on a Saturday, and the second leaves the next day on Sunday). We recently noticed that we will go from "Gold" to "Platinum" after the first of those two upcoming cruises. We're wondering how fast the new points will accrue, and more specifically, will we be considered "Platinum" guests on our second cruise that starts about 24 hours after the first one ends. Thanks!

Edited by MBMGWM

The points go on at the end of your cruise, so yes, you will be platinum for the second one. If this doesn't appear to be the case, go and see the Latitudes rep on board and explain and s/he will look it up for you and credit you with your free laundry and meal, etc.

I would agree.

First question; are they on the same ship?

Second question; you state they are almost B2B. Were they one booking?

If they were not booked together in one payment then you should get the points allocated between the cruises. If NCL classify them as one booking I would imagine you won't get them.

In any case talk to the on-board Latitudes person during the first cruise. Explain the circumstances and, if you are changing ships/port, that person can arrange for the detail to get passed to the person on the second cruise.

Then waste no time in getting to see the right person on the second cruise. That is especially important if there are two of you involved and the second cruise is a short (eg 7 day) one.

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

Actually, this would be the case for a B2B, however it is booked.

Anyone doing a B2B will tell you that it's really two separate cruises and they have to leave the ship with the rest of the debarking passengers and embark with the new people (albeit without having to go through another check-in).

I would agree.

First question; are they on the same ship?

Second question; you state they are almost B2B. Were they one booking?

Two different ships; same port; both booked at the same time thru a travel agent, but they are separate cruises, not connected in any way.

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm hoping that the change will be automatic and quick so I can get in on any early Platinum entry onto the ship for that second cruise! If they don't have us as platinum at the check-in desk, I'll get it changed on board.

My wife and I have had multiple sailings over the years on NCL ships. While we're generally aware of the various bronze, gold, etc levels, we haven't paid all that much attention to them in the past. We've scheduled two almost-back-to-back cruises for early 2016 (first cruise ends on a Saturday, and the second leaves the next day on Sunday). We recently noticed that we will go from "Gold" to "Platinum" after the first of those two upcoming cruises. We're wondering how fast the new points will accrue, and more specifically, will we be considered "Platinum" guests on our second cruise that starts about 24 hours after the first one ends. Thanks!

The points will post to your account about 24 hours after your cruise ends. You WILL absolutely be platinum on your second cruise and enjoy all those benefits. If you are not recognized simply visit the cruise consultant on the ship and they will quickly make things right.

In any case talk to the on-board Latitudes person during the first cruise. Explain the circumstances and, if you are changing ships/port, that person can arrange for the detail to get passed to the person on the second cruise.

This is what I would recommend.

I did b2b sky, Pearl in Feb with Sky making me Platinium.

Talked to the latitudes rep on the sky and he contacted the lat person on the Pearl to let him know.

We got off the sky, walked to the Pearl, right next door and when we got to our room, all our perks were there. Sparkling wine, certificates for laundry, dinner etc.

Enjoy both cruises and the Lat perks.

Lois

Edited by electro

This is what I would recommend.

I did b2b sky, Pearl in Feb with Sky making me Platinium.

Talked to the latitudes rep on the sky and he contacted the lat person on the Pearl to let him know.

We got off the sky, walked to the Pearl, right next door and when we got to our room, all our perks were there. Sparkling wine, certificates for laundry, dinner etc.

Enjoy both cruises and the Lat perks.Lois

Sounds like good advice. We'll make sure to see the Lat rep on our first cruise (the Escape - - really looking forward to this one!) and hopefully our Getaway cruise thereafter will be platinum w/o any problems. Thanks again for all the quick & informative responses.

Sounds like good advice. We'll make sure to see the Lat rep on our first cruise (the Escape - - really looking forward to this one!) and hopefully our Getaway cruise thereafter will be platinum w/o any problems. Thanks again for all the quick & informative responses.

You are most welcome. :)

This exact thing happened to me a couple of years back.

When you check in for the second cruise your key card will say Gold. I believe they print them in advance and so they wont have recognised your most recent points. The staff on the dock wont be able to rectify this.

However once onboard, a quick visit to they cruise consultant will get this sorted. He can check your latitude's points balance, and will hand you an envelope with all your benefits. In my case he also suggested that I have my key card reissued.

Edited by drb247

Actually, this would be the case for a B2B, however it is booked.

Anyone doing a B2B will tell you that it's really two separate cruises and they have to leave the ship with the rest of the debarking passengers and embark with the new people (albeit without having to go through another check-in).

This is true in the US but in Europe you can remain on the ship if you wish.

Will be on a B2B in Europe. Wondering if they will still upgrade to Platinum, even though I stay on the ship during 2nd leg of the voyage.

If, at the end of the first leg you have reached Platinum level, on the second day of the second leg, talk to the onboard consultant. Since it has been 24 hours since you reached Platinum it should be in the consultant's computer so can be changed at front desk and you can get new key showing new status. That is what we did.

If, at the end of the first leg you have reached Platinum level, on the second day of the second leg, talk to the onboard consultant. Since it has been 24 hours since you reached Platinum it should be in the consultant's computer so can be changed at front desk and you can get new key showing new status. That is what we did.

Thanks for the suggestion!!!