Pirate Menu

mamamzee

I've been reading and there seems to be a lot of unhappiness with the "Pirate Menu". Can anyone tell me why?

Just seems a lot of people don't care for the offerings on it. Personally, I like it. BBQ is a favorite of mine. And I like the pot stickers.

It has been 3 years since our last Disney cruise and Pirate night was a seprate buffet. It looks like the separate buffet is now combined with the re gular dinner??

On Pirate night the dining rooms have a Pirate-themed menu for dinner on all cruises, except 3 night cruises.

After the Pirate show (pool deck) and fireworks (late) there is a buffet in Cabanas (mostly a taco bar, but also turkey legs - sometimes, and crepes).

How do I find out which night is pirate night on my particular cruise? That's the night I want to go to Palo and I want to make reservations early. I'm on a 4 nighter on the Magic in February.

This page http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/ has navigators for the various itineraries that will give you an idea. I've never done a 4-day on the Magic, but on a 4-Day on the Dream, Pirate night is the next to last night. I imagine that it would be the same?

• 2 weeks later...
How do I find out which night is pirate night on my particular cruise? That's the night I want to go to Palo and I want to make reservations early. I'm on a 4 nighter on the Magic in February.

Also - apart from previous navigators - they used to show Pirate night on the schedule when you did online check in for the cruise so you might see it on there too

Isn't Pirates Night menu seafood heavy on the 7 night Fantasy?

That's why we like it. Have always wondered about the negative banter proliferated related to that nights menu.

Seafood is always good and preferred in our menu selection. :confused:

To each is own.

It's only food. There is other choices.

May all enjoy the food choices every night. :)

Isn't Pirates Night menu seafood heavy on the 7 night Fantasy?

That's why we like it. Have always wondered about the negative banter proliferated related to that nights menu.

Seafood is always good and preferred in our menu selection. :confused:

To each is own.

It's only food. There is other choices.

May all enjoy the food choices every night. :)

DCL always has a chicken, a beef, a fish, and a vegetarian selection on the menu each night. Beyond that, the selections will vary. I just didn't want to turn off someone who might see the above and think the pirate menu is "all" seafood. Here is a link to the pirate night menu.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/pirates-caribbean-dinner-menu/

As the original poster and having done our cruise last week, I want to say that I thought the menu was fine. I loved the potstickers, so much so that I had two orders of them. The BBQ short ribs were outstanding--maybe I just got lucky. I thought the whole evening was a lot of fun; just about everybody I saw was dressed up and the crew entered into the fun. We were just too tired to stay up for the fireworks.

As the original poster and having done our cruise last week, I want to say that I thought the menu was fine. I loved the potstickers, so much so that I had two orders of them. The BBQ short ribs were outstanding--maybe I just got lucky. I thought the whole evening was a lot of fun; just about everybody I saw was dressed up and the crew entered into the fun. We were just too tired to stay up for the fireworks.

I also get the pot stickers and love the BBQ ribs.

There's a good assortment of "stuff" on the menu, including scallops, mahi-mahi, the ribs, sirloin, chicken, salmon for the entree selections.