Have early booking amenities on Grand Voyages gone?

Tampa Girl

I am interested in the 2017 Asia Grand World Voyage, and I see that the early booking ameities has been removed for that voyage. I also don't see it on the Grand World Voyage. It is shown on the Grand Med voyage. Does anyone know if the complimentary luggage delivery and the 3% cash discount has been eliminated on the other Grand Voyages?

Amenities such as free luggage and the 3% discount are in place for the Grand So America, Med and World cruises for 2017, as well as the 2018 World cruise. The Grand Asia is now open on the HAL website. Would expect amenities also as cannot see a Grand cruise going without early booking amenities.

Here is a link to an overview chart, as well as the chart, for 2017:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-vacation-onboard/HAL_2015-16_GrandVoy_EBA.pdf

HAL_2015-16_GrandVoy_EBA.pdf

Edited by take us away

I am interested in the 2017 Asia Grand World Voyage, and I see that the early booking ameities has been removed for that voyage. I also don't see it on the Grand World Voyage. It is shown on the Grand Med voyage. Does anyone know if the complimentary luggage delivery and the 3% cash discount has been eliminated on the other Grand Voyages?

The 3% discount for early booking on Grand Voyages is definitely alive and well.''Just this week, I saved over $1,000 on the 2017 World Cruise.

Scott & Karen

At least for the Grand World Voyage, I believe you had to book by June 1st to get the amenities and pay by June 1st to get the 3% discount. I don't know about Grand Asia since I think HAL just started taking bookings for it.

The 3% discount for early booking on Grand Voyages is definitely alive and well.''Just this week, I saved over $1,000 on the 2017 World Cruise.

Scott & Karen

When we took the Grand Voyage around SA in January 2013, we had to be paid in full by May 31 the year before in order to get the 3% discount, free luggage pickup etc..

However, you say that you paid in full this week & got it for a grand voyage in 2017..When does the world cruise leave in 2017? I would have thought that for the year 2017 those early booking amenities would be cancelled after May 31..

Tampa Girl, we just booked the Grand Asia this week & early booking amenities are available until Jan 31, 2017, I believe. If you don't see it on the HAL website you might want to check with your TA or PCC.

Tampa Girl, we just booked the Grand Asia this week & early booking amenities are available until Jan 31, 2017, I believe. If you don't see it on the HAL website you might want to check with your TA or PCC.

Thanks so much! Apparently another website glitch because I didn't even see it for the 2018 World Cruise.

Thanks so much! Apparently another website glitch because I didn't even see it for the 2018 World Cruise.

Too true - they have not added the 2018 WC to the Grand list outside of booking so amenities are not 'seen' . I have booked and been told about the free luggage and HSC in the fare as well as the 3% discount which will be due the end of May 2017. So I wait to see this in writing as things do change.

• 9 months later...

Question for any past Grand Voyage cruisers:

If booking an oceanview Cat C-F, what are the restrictions, if any, on size, weight or type of luggage, for the 2 free bags allowed to be picked up and delivered to the home?

I do realize that things can change, just looking for past policies.

Thanks,

Tom

There was no limit on size or weight on the two bags I shipped for this years Grand South America. I was booked in a C category cabin at the time I shipped.

Thanks for that info. Very helpful.

We are planning to go on Grand Med March 2018 and are driving not flying. But we like the idea of embarking and disembarking with minimal luggage.

I guess this year's Grand South America means you are already back. Hope you enjoyed it !

I assume that the bags get delivered to your cabin and picked up at the cabin, and otherwise you never have to deal with them?

Tom

I was also on this year's Grand SA. I had 2 bag shipped and they were brought to my cabin. They were not there until late in the day around 5pm.

At disembarkation, all your bags will be in the arrival hall and you are responsible for getting them through customs/immigration and then turning them over to Fedex. This year there were not enough porters and many passengers had to either wait for a porter or try to maneuver their bags plus carryon bags.

I was also on this year's Grand SA. I had 2 bag shipped and they were brought to my cabin. They were not there until late in the day around 5pm.

At disembarkation, all your bags will be in the arrival hall and you are responsible for getting them through customs/immigration and then turning them over to Fedex. This year there were not enough porters and many passengers had to either wait for a porter or try to maneuver their bags plus carryon bags.

Thanks ! Good info on the process. Sounds like disembarkation could be a real pain for anyone in a hurry. Up to now, we have handled our own bags and traveled light with no cruises over 25 days. But the Grand Voyage might require more luggage. Guess we will have to think some more about whether the free luggage delivery makes sense for us.

By the way, we have enjoyed your excellent blog !

Tom

We were booked in an outside "E" stateroom for our Grand SA cruise.. One of our bags was a borrowed 29 inch, which we had shipped to the port & back home..

Our only problem was we were boarding our cruise Jan. 5 & we had to have our bags ready for shipping around Dec. 18.. So our bags sat in the port for a couple of weeks.. Fortunately, we had free pressing on board..

Edited by serendipity1499

Question for any past Grand Voyage cruisers:

If booking an oceanview Cat C-F, what are the restrictions, if any, on size, weight or type of luggage, for the 2 free bags allowed to be picked up and delivered to the home?

I do realize that things can change, just looking for past policies.

Thanks,

Tom

Has never been a limit on size or weight or type. Have seen large boxes and plastic crates shipped without a hassle. I usually ship either 2 very large duffles which weigh > 50 lbs or 2 large harder sided suitcases, again which weigh > 50 lbs with no hassles.

You will receive a letter about the shipping and also instructions if you chose to ship additional baggage for a fee, about $150 for a large bag. The option for paid luggage shipment will be offered to everyone, even if you do not have the 2 free bag amenity. Luggage is picked up a few weeks before the cruise. The world cruise and so america grand are a bit special in that the holidays fall between pick-up and sailing in early Jan so bags go out about mid-Dec just to make sure all arrives.

We were booked in an outside "E" stateroom for our Grand SA cruise.. One of our bags was a borrowed 29 inch, which we had shipped to the port & back home..

Our only problem was we were boarding our cruise Jan. 5 & we had to have our bags ready for shipping around Dec. 18.. So our bags sat in the port for a couple of weeks.. Fortunately, we had free pressing on board..

Thanks for the info, we do have one 29 inch bag. It does seem like things would get wrinkled after several weeks !

Tom

Has never been a limit on size or weight or type. Have seen large boxes and plastic crates shipped without a hassle. I usually ship either 2 very large duffles which weigh > 50 lbs or 2 large harder sided suitcases, again which weigh > 50 lbs with no hassles.

You will receive a letter about the shipping and also instructions if you chose to ship additional baggage for a fee, about $150 for a large bag. The option for paid luggage shipment will be offered to everyone, even if you do not have the 2 free bag amenity. Luggage is picked up a few weeks before the cruise. The world cruise and so america grand are a bit special in that the holidays fall between pick-up and sailing in early Jan so bags go out about mid-Dec just to make sure all arrives.

Thank you ! Sounds like almost anything can be shipped. We have seen some real big duffles for sale, maybe over 4 feet long and had been wondering if they could be shipped.

Re the holiday impact on pickup date: yes that makes sense. We are looking at a March embark so maybe not quite so far in advance.

Tom

Thanks ! Good info on the process. Sounds like disembarkation could be a real pain for anyone in a hurry. Up to now, we have handled our own bags and traveled light with no cruises over 25 days. But the Grand Voyage might require more luggage. Guess we will have to think some more about whether the free luggage delivery makes sense for us.

By the way, we have enjoyed your excellent blog !

Tom

I think our porter problem in the terminal on this years Grand South America was due to arriving on a Saturday with several other cruise ships that dwarfed the Prinsendam...more money to be made on the other piers. Shipped luggage is a wonderful thing. I wouldn't pass it up.

I think our porter problem in the terminal on this years Grand South America was due to arriving on a Saturday with several other cruise ships that dwarfed the Prinsendam...more money to be made on the other piers. Shipped luggage is a wonderful thing. I wouldn't pass it up.

Thanks for the upbeat comments. Hopefully we can take full advantage and not worry about possible problems !