Updated dress code for Candles

Tahiti1

Hi all,

Just FYI, Windstar has updated their dress code for Candles and shorts are no longer allowed. Not a massive change, but if you are on the Wind Spirit or Wind Star sitting around the pool on a hot night for dinner, it is not really the most logical dress code update.

(Found this out on my last WS cruise)

Hi all,

Just FYI, Windstar has updated their dress code for Candles and shorts are no longer allowed. Not a massive change, but if you are on the Wind Spirit or Wind Star sitting around the pool on a hot night for dinner, it is not really the most logical dress code update.

(Found this out on my last WS cruise)

I wonder if they will also update their menu and offer an option of a cheese plate instead of a dessert on the Candles' menu?!

Last August on the Pride, my husband asked, even though it wasn't on the menu presented, if he could have cheese as he's not a 'sweets' fan.

The waiter said he would have to check with the Candles' restaurant manager who then came and said, "Sorry, no, it was not possible."

Hmm, we wondered, so much for getting your every wish granted!

We also wondered what the big deal would have been for someone to pop along to the Amphora restaurant and get one.

We even debated going back to our room and ordering it from room service.

. . . . . 'very odd.

When we go next time, we may try to order it ahead!

I didn't realize shorts had ever been allowed. In hot climates my husband always brings along a pair of linen trousers, just as cool as shorts, and with the laundry service, easy to keep clean and pressed. :)

That's a shame but thanks for the tip, we find the lack of casual outside dining in hot weather to be one of the few drawbacks on Windstar. I'm not sure whether it's available on the ex seabourn ships - but hoping.

• 4 weeks later...

Could someone maybe clarify the dress code further because I found it found a little confusing--

"For ladies, sundresses, slacks, and informal cocktail dresses are appropriate. For men, we suggest slacks and collared shirts or polos. ... Our only restriction is that shorts, jeans, flip-flops, hats, and t-shirts not be worn in AmphorA, Stella Bistro, or public rooms during the evening. Country Club Casual is acceptable for Candles."

My question is that I would have assumed that "country club casual" meant sundresses and slacks and collared shirts or polos.

Maybe I haven't been to enough country clubs but I can't even tell if Candles is meant to be slightly less formal or slightly more formal than AmphorA. Can someone explain the difference?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...