best way to get from MIA to Fort Lauderdale hotel

jmwg49

Because we could get a cheaper flight into and out of Miami, but are sailing from Fort Lauderdale, i need advice about getting there!

We fly into Miami and have a hotel booked in Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise. They do not offer airport shuttle (obviously) from MIA. What is the best way to get there? Cheapest and most efficient.

After our cruise, we are flying out of Miami the following day, hoping to stay in South Beach for the night. What is the best way of getting from Fort Lauderdale port area to South Beach. I hope to get a hotel in SB with free airport shuttle.

Best is in a stretch limo with a stocked bar :cool: Call Larry's limos for private transport options.

Shared shuttles were about $30+ per person the last I checked - try Super shuttle, American Shuttle and Go Airport Shuttle.

If your party can fit into UberX expect to pay about $40 depending upon where your hotel is located. Taxi on the same run will be closer to $75-80, but if you have a large group (or someone packs like my wife :rolleyes: ) a van/SUV taxi is the same fare as a standard cab.

You also might look into a one way car rental MIA-FLL, which would give you some flexibility about where to dine, shop and stay.

Cheapest - Tri Rail from MIA to FLL / Shuttle from the tri-rail station to the airport / If you booked a FLL airport hotel, hotel shuttle from FLL to your hotel.

Uber X - $40

Uber XL or Taxi - $75 - $80

Rental car - Depending on size of car and time of year - $25 - $75

Best - agree with John in DC - in a stretch limo with a stocked bar. Throw in a couple of strippers for good measure.