Lot of KIDS on EASTER VACATION?!

Oaklandish70

Oh, my! :eek: While lying in bed this morning, anticipating my upcoming 7-Day HOTS Easter Break Cruise, I came to the stark realization that in addition to the 2-children in my party I will be embarking with throngs of other kiddos (on Easter Break) as well. Any cruisers with experience? What can I expect?

Edited by Oaklandish70
better descriptive title

Oh, my! :eek: While lying in bed this morning, anticipating my upcoming 7-Day HOTS Easter Break Cruise, I came to the stark realization that in addition to the 2-children in my party I will be embarking with throngs of other kiddos (on Easter Break) as well. Any cruisers with experience? What can I expect?

We sailed on three cruises over Thanksgiving, including HOTS this past year. All of these have lots of kids, and - in general, they were all fine. You will alway see a few kids having a bit too much fun, but overall, it was not a huge problem. There is SO much to do on HOTS that the kids are kept pretty busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You didn't indicate if the two kids in your party are yours! If so, you probably are used to being around kids and their friends.

Be prepared for probably 1,000 or more on board. Can result in more lines for popular activities and buffets.

Have found most families are just there to have a good time, but there is always a certain group that don't care and don't control their kids, but that's life!

The solarium is adults only and ships do have a curfew, which is enforced.

You're cruising with two kids...Why was there suddenly a "Stark Realization" that other's might have their kids too :confused:

We have cruised during March for several years....with our older teens who are now adults with children and never had any concerns.

We're also going to be on HOTS in March with toddler's and hoping there are plenty for them to play with in AO.

It depends on the sailing, it depends on the length of the cruise.

We did the Crown Princess out of San Pedro last year and the kids were not a problem at all. I was worried because it was a 7 day cruise, but it was not a problem at all.

We also cruise many holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter) and have not found the cruises to be a problem with children. We also have two kids ages 13 and 9. Kids tend to be well behaved for the most part.

Longer cruises tend to have less kids as well. Plus, different schools have different spring breaks. I will say our Spring Break cruise was sold out (like many of our holiday cruises) and the kids were well behaved. It was also a Coastal California cruise, so not sure if that made a difference?

Good luck, but I think you will be OK, and regardless you will see how you fare with holiday cruises :)

considering that school-aged kids, other than homeschoolers, could usually just go on vacations during summer break, winter break, spring break, wouldn't you think there would be plenty of kids unless you're going on a much longer sailing??????

The difference with spring break is that there are some school systems that take off the week leading up to Easter (Los Angeles Unified has always taken that week off...even when I was a kid), some the week after, and some during other weeks. Colleges are even more varied.

We sailed on three cruises over Thanksgiving, including HOTS this past year. All of these have lots of kids, and - in general, they were all fine. You will alway see a few kids having a bit too much fun, but overall, it was not a huge problem. There is SO much to do on HOTS that the kids are kept pretty busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

THANK you, graciously!

You didn't indicate if the two kids in your party are yours! If so, you probably are used to being around kids and their friends.

Be prepared for probably 1,000 or more on board. Can result in more lines for popular activities and buffets.

Have found most families are just there to have a good time, but there is always a certain group that don't care and don't control their kids, but that's life!

The solarium is adults only and ships do have a curfew, which is enforced.

THANKS! Just the information I needed.