Just got "upgraded"

rp23g7

I looked at the deck plan and if you're on your balcony you'll hear noise from the Lido. I'll never get another cabin on the Aloha deck - NOT EVEN FOR FREE! We made that mistake once and landed right under MUTS. Heard people clomping back and forth, chairs moved across the deck, and the noise from MUTS. We were on the Grand as well to Hawaii!:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
I remember one time, we were on a B2B and we booked a GTY inside cabin. Our TA assured us that we probably would NOT have to change cabins mid-cruise but lo and behold they had a different inside cabin to give us and I turned it down saying this was not an upgrade (even though it was a few decks higher). I told her that I wanted to keep the same cabin and she said they could not honor that request but as it turned out, they ended up finding an obstructed view cabin on Emerald deck so we took it. ... I guess that's the chance you take when you're on a GTY status and you're on a B2B. I will go with confirmed cabin next time around!
Your TA misinformed you terribly. A guarantee means that Princess can put you in any cabin in that category or higher. Being on b2b cruises doesn't guarantee that Princess will put you in the same cabin on both cruises.

When we booked our first b2b cruises, I chose a specific cabin that was available on both cruises so we wouldn't have to move. I had my TA mark the cabins "no upgrade" to be sure. The second time we booked b2b cruises, there were not any cabins available on the both cruises so that we could keep the same one (at least not in our category). We took a guarantee on both and ended up having to switch cabins between the cruises. It wasn't too much of a hassle, but it's definitely easier not to have to switch.

I looked at the deck plan and if you're on your balcony you'll hear noise from the Lido. I'll never get another cabin on the Aloha deck - NOT EVEN FOR FREE! We made that mistake once and landed right under MUTS. Heard people clomping back and forth, chairs moved across the deck, and the noise from MUTS. We were on the Grand as well to Hawaii!:eek:

We had a balcony on Aloha deck on Star Princess - A408. If you look at the deck plan it's pretty much under Neptune Pool area on Lido Deck. We were told there would be massive noise from chair scraping and that the balcony would be horrible due to noise from MUTS. We never heard any of that noise. Nothing. It was a great cabin and we were in it for 15 days (SF/Hawaii) so we had plenty of opportunity to hear any noise. We had a great cruise and slept wonderfully.

We had a balcony on Aloha deck on Star Princess - A408. If you look at the deck plan it's pretty much under Neptune Pool area on Lido Deck. We were told there would be massive noise from chair scraping and that the balcony would be horrible due to noise from MUTS. We never heard any of that noise. Nothing. It was a great cabin and we were in it for 15 days (SF/Hawaii) so we had plenty of opportunity to hear any noise. We had a great cruise and slept wonderfully.

What does MUTS mean? Just curious as I've seen it posted a few times.

Movie Under The Stars.

Tony

Thanks Tony and Nina! I forgot about the movies and haven't watched one up there yet. I wonder if it would be too cold on the Inside Passage cruise... Maybe with two blankets and Rum instead of popcorn and soda! Hehe :)

Edited by calisilent