Opinions on the sticky ...

Host Hattie

Is the "Welcome to the Cunard board" sticky useful  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is the "Welcome to the Cunard board" sticky useful

• Yes
    • No
    • What sticky ?

It's almost 10 months since I created the sticky with various links. At the time it wasn't a universally popular idea so I said I'd review it - better late then never.

So, has it been useful and if it's staying is there anything else you would like to see there ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes I found it very useful!

I had already discovered some of the info via the Cunard uk website, but really enjoyed looking through the daily programmes and menus too!

Thank you for putting all the info together in one place, it's so helpful! I will endeavour to check the sticky before posting (more) silly newbie questions! :D

My critique is that I tend not to notice the "stickies" because they never font up bold unless I'm re-logging in to the website. Also, the fact that the word "Sticky" is Bold and in Red makes it stand out more than the topic it entails. I wish the thread title could be made bold and in another color than the regular thread headings. It might draw the eye more upwards and people might not block it out as easily. This is just my opinion.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Thanks for the comments so far, I'll see if I can do something to make it stand out a bit more. We have very few stickies compared to some boards but it seems it's being missed.

Hattie, I think the info here is well detailed. I do agree that stickies are clearly of huge benefit, and the more they stand out, the better!

I note that many of us newbies are often directed to stickies within threads, which is great, but a lot of the answers are already there so maybe they do need to be more prominent?

I'm dying to know exactly how many formal nights on our cruise and speakers etc, but I appreciate this information will be given nearer to the date of our cruise in October.

So I now know to check back to the stickies and that info will be readily available nearer the time!

This forum is a mine of information and as a new cruiser, I have learnt so much already. I truly admire and appreciate the advice and knowledge available and am looking forward to passing back info for others after our trip; particularly from the viewpoint of my partner as he is disabled. We are busily trawling the boards for additional info about our accessible stateroom and ports access etc.

So as and when done enjoying the delights of QE I hope to be able to update other travellers on the 'disabled cruise' section; this is invaluable for us!

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post the info in the stickie, I will remember to look for info here (when and if the Cunard website is behaving!).

Happy sailing (and Welsh wishes!) x ;)

Thank you, Hattie, for all the help your sticky has provided to this Cunard first-timer.

Still having trouble finding out if there is a B+W Ball on our cruise. The one prior is listed as a 14-day and it has one (along with several other speciality evenings), but our 7-day says there is nothing. I wonder if they will have all four on the first 7 days of the prior cruise?

QV-22-OCT-16 Rome to Barcelona.

Cheers!

It's almost 10 months since I created the sticky with various links. At the time it wasn't a universally popular idea so I said I'd review it - better late then never.

So, has it been useful and if it's staying is there anything else you would like to see there ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Is this the "sticky" in question: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2198505

If so, it has been viewed over 6,ooo times which suggests some degree of popularity or at least curiosity, no? But it's a locked thread, so no one can contribute or comment on that thread, yet comments are welcome on this thread which is a poll if I understand correctly which I often don't.

Anyway, thanks for all the good information posted, and for the interesting polls.:)

Cheers,

-S.

Is this the "sticky" in question: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2198505

If so, it has been viewed over 6,ooo times which suggests some degree of popularity or at least curiosity, no? But it's a locked thread, so no one can contribute or comment on that thread, yet comments are welcome on this thread which is a poll if I understand correctly which I often don't.

Anyway, thanks for all the good information posted, and for the interesting polls.:)

Cheers,

-S.

Yes, I didn't post a link because I wanted to know if people were aware of it.

The sticky is locked so that if people have questions they will ask on the board rather than the sticky, I've seen it happen on other boards where the original post gets completely lost.

My critique is that I tend not to notice the "stickies" because they never font up bold unless I'm re-logging in to the website. Also, the fact that the word "Sticky" is Bold and in Red makes it stand out more than the topic it entails. I wish the thread title could be made bold and in another color than the regular thread headings. It might draw the eye more upwards and people might not block it out as easily. This is just my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestion, I couldn't find a way of changing the colour in the title so I have tried capitals instead for the moment.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make it stand out better let me know.

I thought it was interesting on what he had to say about the Panama Canal and the QM2.

I've managed to find the thread in my computer history. I was reading it just last week.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=900

Ray, thanks. I wish I had downloaded/saved that thread - all I see now is the introduction by LauraS.

I thought it was interesting on what he had to say about the Panama Canal and the QM2.

I've managed to find the thread in my computer history. I was reading it just last week.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=900

I've added that link to the Sticky.

Thanks for the votes and the comments.