When does Oceania open up the second half of 2017 itineraries?

Wren3

I called O last month and asked this question. Two part answer:

1. The cruises will open up for booking and be announced in "mid" March.

2. If you are on their email/O Club list, expect an early preview of those cruises around the "first" of March.

No exact dates were given for either, but approximate time table.

Patience is a virtue!

Since we have a particular cruise in mind this subject has great interest to us. We have been told by our TA 4/6. We'll see.

If you have a good Oceania TA you can usually tell them what to book before bookings open so they can get the cabin you want the moment bookings open. They should send you by e-mail a brochure of cruises and you should get it a few days before bookings open.

• 3 weeks later...

Our TA just spoke with Oceania and they confirmed the schedule for the second half of 2017 will not be out until early April. They wouldn't specify any date in April as a guarantee.

Seems they want to keep attention directed towards their 2016 cruises where they are now doing price drops and sending out discount certificates to motivate us to booked new cruises. Plus, they are taking plenty of time to make a final decision on Istanbul and Turkey in general. Seems when they made the decision to cut out Istanbul, it was followed by a lot of cancellations for Fall 2016 cruises which had not yet been paid for. They are definitely re-evaluating that decision for 2017!

Problem for us is that AZ and a couple of other lines are selling out of suites for 2017 cruises/destinations we are interested in. If O doesn't do the cruise in 2017 that we want (they change/alter/delete cruises regularly), then we may be in a bind in picking up the cruise on a different line. Already have friends that jumped on a AZ sailing because they didn't want to wait longer to see what O may or may not decide to do in 2017. I'll have patience for another month, but after that we'll have to see how the dice rolls!

Our TA just spoke with Oceania and they confirmed the schedule for the second half of 2017 will not be out until early April. They wouldn't specify any date in April as a guarantee.

Seems they want to keep attention directed towards their 2016 cruises where they are now doing price drops and sending out discount certificates to motivate us to booked new cruises. Plus, they are taking plenty of time to make a final decision on Istanbul and Turkey in general. Seems when they made the decision to cut out Istanbul, it was followed by a lot of cancellations for Fall 2016 cruises which had not yet been paid for. They are definitely re-evaluating that decision for 2017!

Problem for us is that AZ and a couple of other lines are selling out of suites for 2017 cruises/destinations we are interested in. If O doesn't do the cruise in 2017 that we want (they change/alter/delete cruises regularly), then we may be in a bind in picking up the cruise on a different line. Already have friends that jumped on a AZ sailing because they didn't want to wait longer to see what O may or may not decide to do in 2017. I'll have patience for another month, but after that we'll have to see how the dice rolls!

I'm with you....also anxiously awaiting the new schedule. Hopefully they will release the advanced copy PDF sometime this month. I'm ready to book!

• 3 weeks later...

Must be getting close as Oceania has just sent out details of January, 2018 Round the World ex Miami on INSIGNIA . Bookings for round world open early Apri, 16 and other sectors will be made available later .

Must be getting close as Oceania has just sent out details of January, 2018 Round the World ex Miami on INSIGNIA . Bookings for round world open early Apri, 16 and other sectors will be made available later .

funny bookings opened yesterday in North America

Usually the itineraries are out in March but I guess they wanted to get the RTW cruise sorted

Edited by LHT28

My TA spoke with O yesterday. It will still be in April, maybe the 6th, before we hear!

The decision to dump Istanbul is having effects. Per my TA, O has had a huge number of cancellations based upon that decision, along with some ill will. Cruisers ask " Did Viking, Uniworld, AMA, Tauck, et.al. dump Paris, or all of France, because of the bombings there? Then why did Oceania decide to dump Istanbul and Turkey?"

From a cruise line source, those lines that dumped Istanbul, lost all their seniority rights in their port(s). Scheduling of visits and piers allotted, those cruise lines all moved to the back of the line. New companies, such as Viking, that didn't follow the cancellation craze, leapfrogged ahead in those lines in seniority. Per my TA, (from her O sources) trying to reconstruct a schedule around going back into Istanbul is part of the issue with the late release. Regent hasn't released it's 2017 Summer schedule either, this is affecting most all of the NCL fleet. If they opt not to go back to Turkey in 2017, will that make many of their cruises less appealing for those wanting to visit the Med?

For all you looking for those late huge price drops: Payment due dates are either here, or will be soon, for all those cruises that replaced Istanbul as a destination. With all the cancellations seen , with more expected from that rescheduling of ports, expect to see some major discounting on Med fall cruises.

Makes sense Pinot thanks for the detailed response. I noticed that NCL has no Istanbul stops for 2017 but the latest bombing in Ankara and the promise of more to come I can understand them taking their time. Wish we could take advantage of some of the new itineraries and prices but we have too much invested in our Australian land trip in September.

A few have mentioned an advance PDF file of itineraries sent out by O? Who gets this file and from whom? We are on the 2017 RTW and one of the considerations is to stay on the ship ... if the itinerary is right itinerary. So, I am anxious to get an advance peek at these long-awaited itineraries.

A few have mentioned an advance PDF file of itineraries sent out by O? Who gets this file and from whom? We are on the 2017 RTW and one of the considerations is to stay on the ship ... if the itinerary is right itinerary. So, I am anxious to get an advance peek at these long-awaited itineraries.

do you mean excursions?

The itineraries are on the website or in the brochure

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/180-day-world-cruises/miami-to-miami-INS170106G/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%2F%23sailDates%3D2017|01%23destinations%3D180dayworld

You could ask your TA if they have the PDF file for excursions if that is what you are looking for

Edited by LHT28

do you mean excursions?

The itineraries are on the website or in the brochure

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/180-day-world-cruises/miami-to-miami-INS170106G/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%2F%23sailDates%3D2017|01%23destinations%3D180dayworld

You could ask your TA if they have the PDF file for excursions if that is what you are looking for

No, I am specifically looking for the Jul-Dec 2017 cruise itineraries ... the pdf I am referencing was most recently mentioned by JVNYC above, and I quote ... "Hopefully they will release the advanced copy PDF sometime this month. I'm ready to book!"

I have an email into my travel agent, and she may be able to clarify further.

No, I am specifically looking for the Jul-Dec 2017 cruise itineraries ... the pdf I am referencing was most recently mentioned by JVNYC above, and I quote ... "Hopefully they will release the advanced copy PDF sometime this month. I'm ready to book!"

I have an email into my travel agent, and she may be able to clarify further.

Ok you are doing the RTW cruise but want to stay on after it finishes in July ..am I reading this right??

The new itineraries PDF get sent to the TA's about a week before they are released to the general public

the TA's will send it to their clients

but rest assured someone will post the link here :D

they always do

Ok you are doing the RTW cruise but want to stay on after it finishes in July ..am I reading this right??

The new itineraries PDF get sent to the TA's about a week before they are released to the general public

the TA's will send it to their clients

but rest assured someone will post the link here :D

they always do

Yup reading it right ;-) We will either stay on, or will do a grand voyage or something similar later in the year ... all depends on the itineraries. Thanks for the pdf ... so my TA is aware I am interested in the pdf and will forward it to me, but I will keep an eye out for any links on CC as well.

• 3 months later...