Totally Confused about Anthem Dining!

#4'smom

We are on the Dynamic Dining option on Anthem in May. We have been given a complimentary dinner for 2 in Chops Grille as a booking bonus from our travel agent.

1) Do I prebook the "free" dining restaurants ahead of time or wait until onboard?

2) Can I prebook the complimentary Chops Grille Or do I have to wait until onboard to get it at no charge? Maybe that comes in the form of OBC?

3). I'm also wanting to dine in Wonderland and I'm wondering what the charges are for it, Jamie's Italian, Chops & Izumi's.

4). My cruise planner has not made dining available yet however, there is a notation "get up to 40% off dining packages". What are the package prices?

We are on the Dynamic Dining option on Anthem in May. We have been given a complimentary dinner for 2 in Chops Grille as a booking bonus from our travel agent.

1) Do I prebook the "free" dining restaurants ahead of time or wait until onboard? Your choice.

2) Can I prebook the complimentary Chops Grille Or do I have to wait until onboard to get it at no charge? Maybe that comes in the form of OBC? Check the fine print on your free dinner voucher. Ours came with a requirement to book onboard.

3). I'm also wanting to dine in Wonderland and I'm wondering what the charges are for it' date=' Jamie's Italian, Chops & Izumi's.

4). My cruise planner has not made dining available yet however, there is a notation "get up to 40% off dining packages". What are the package prices? See below.

Answers I could give are above in RED.

Dining package:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

1) Do I prebook the "free" dining restaurants ahead of time or wait until onboard?

2) Can I prebook the complimentary Chops Grille Or do I have to wait until onboard to get it at no charge? Maybe that comes in the form of OBC?

3). I'm also wanting to dine in Wonderland and I'm wondering what the charges are for it' date=' Jamie's Italian, Chops & Izumi's.

4). My cruise planner has not made dining available yet however, there is a notation "get up to 40% off dining packages". What are the package prices?[/quote']

wonderland is about 45 to 65 i don't remember how much it was. Jamies is at 30 per person. Izumi is a la carte pricing.

We are in the process of making dinner reservations for our 3/7/16 cruise on Anthem. All the restruants say that dinner lasts only 30 minutes, even the formal Grande. How is this possible? We have been on approx. 30 cruises and dinner always lasts approx. 2 hours. Am I missing something? I do NOT want to be rushed!!:confused:

Prayers to all aboard, we have been through similar where waves came over our 8th floor balcony on the Granduer. Safe travels back home to possible snow. A/C is already flooded.

We are in the process of making dinner reservations for our 3/7/16 cruise on Anthem. All the restruants say that dinner lasts only 30 minutes, even the formal Grande. How is this possible? ....

Sounds like a website error.

• 4 weeks later...
We are in the process of making dinner reservations for our 3/7/16 cruise on Anthem. All the restruants say that dinner lasts only 30 minutes, even the formal Grande. How is this possible? We have been on approx. 30 cruises and dinner always lasts approx. 2 hours. Am I missing something? I do NOT want to be rushed!!:confused:

Prayers to all aboard, we have been through similar where waves came over our 8th floor balcony on the Granduer. Safe travels back home to possible snow. A/C is already flooded.

Please post how it was when you get back! I'm sailing in October and am confused with the prepaid packages (do I get to choose the restaurant, or do they?). I'm considering the 5 night prepaid package..

I don't think dinner lasts 30 minutes, but that reservations are staggered every 30 minutes to allow the wait staff to staggered their serving, i.e., not having everyone sit at the same time so that they can be serving drinks to a table, appetizers to another table and the entree to the next table. Makes for a better flow.

Please let me/us know which restaurants you'd recommend!

Bon Voyage!

Karen

4). My cruise planner has not made dining available yet however, there is a notation "get up to 40% off dining packages". What are the package prices?[/quote']

1) We booked our complimentary restaurants ahead of time, and even then we had some difficulty getting the times we wanted. Once on-board, we tried to change the time of one night, and were not able to do so to get the newly desired time.

2) Chops is not a complimentary restaurant, it is a Specialty Restaurant with an extra charge.

3)I was just on the Anthem, and I believe Wonderland was $55pp, but when we walked by them, they said that the next day was not full and would give us 50% off if we reserved it then.

4) We did not dine in specialty restaurants, but did talk to someone who booked 3 of them for $80 pp. before the cruise date.

The Grand is free, and has great lobster tails. It is a formal dress, but many men just wore jackets without ties. We ate there on the first night because the dress code is not enforced. Someone else said that the Formal dress code is not enforced on the last night also.

You can eat every night a one certain restaurant, or do as we did and do them all.

I really suggest you make dinner reservations as soon as you can. Same thing with the 3 shows. Other shows do not require reservations.

• 2 weeks later...
You have a travel agent....ask him or her these questions. If travel agent can't help you, call RCI. They are super helpful and actually know the answers.

I'm sorry but I don't think your comment is warranted. The whole point of this community is to ask and answer questions for other cruises, to give reviews and comments and to simply talk about cruises. You will find that a majority of the time, travel agents and especially the agents you get from cruise lines, whether they are Royal, NCL, Carnival etc. don't actually know...they don't cruise with as much frequency as posters here.

To the OP - what sailing do you have in May? I am on May 14th Anthem but chose Dynamic Dining Classic, so we have a set table/time rotation. But I do know that regular Dynamic Dining opened up for reservations a while ago, same with specialties.