Short end of a cruise fare reduction

Lane412000

Last monthI bought a new car, this month they offered the same car for $5000 less. Worse, last may I bought a new home....and today its selling for $25,000 less!!! Was on a cruise and paid $16,000, met a couple that paid $8000 on e-bay...

lesson 101:

My problem was that even though the prices went down, when I bought I thought they were a good deals. I forgot that...

Looking in the rearview mirror is always going to get you upset... as my mother used to say "if , if's and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas"

Its like gambling...you pay your money and you take your chances with anything....don't bet more than you can loose

Ah, but Jan, they don't know who you are, yet, or how close you are to Frank. They think you're just some cranky old lady who is raining on their parade. They'll figure it out, some day, after they figure out how Frank actually made things better.

I hope by the time FDR makes things better all of these people have moved on to Carnival!! I will NEVER post over there again!! (tho I do know the answers to their questions)

Jancruz1

After reading your posts I telephoned my TA here in the UK to see if Oceania would give us the Premium Drinks Package for the cruise I booked last November & is now advertising the cruise with the drinks package included. The TA has just phoned to say that Oceania has agreed to add on the drinks package! I am definitely looking forward to my first Oceania cruise now.

Sounds like you need a better TA to me. JMHO

Just found out today that my TA is a connoisseur club TA and he has secured an additional $300 shipboard credit to cover the cost of the free unlimited internet for our upcoming cruise. This is in addition to our $200 OBC that we had originally. He also covered our travel ins and PPG, gave us $9925 rates pp on Oceania's $10,299 fares for an OC suite. I think we're okay.

I found out that Oceania added YWYW incentives of PPG, OSC and free unlimited internet to our cruise. I was already getting PPG and OSC, so I asked my TA to get me the unlimited free internet since I paid full fare for the OC suite. O said no because they raised the price of the OC suite since I purchased it, so I went to the website and did a new cruise search and found that, in fact, the fare was listed as $200 LESS than I paid.

I have contacted my TA and told him to push again with the new info. All I want is the internet, I don't care about the fare because I understand that I took the risk of early booking to get the cabin I wanted and it does make sense to drop fares for late booking - the late customer has to take what's available. But it seems cheap to me to not give someone who has paid full fare early booking in a top tier suite an Internet package. Makes me think twice about booking another O cruise.

Just found out today that my TA is a connoisseur club TA and he has secured an additional $300 shipboard credit to cover the cost of the free unlimited internet for our upcoming cruise. This is in addition to our $200 OBC that we had originally. He also covered our travel ins and PPG, gave us $9925 rates pp on Oceania's $10,299 fares for an OC suite. I think we're okay.

Since you brought this back up, I'm not saying your TA is bad but I'll tell you what I would have received in your situation or have in similar situations in the past.

First, you say your TA was giving you PPG, Travel Ins & $200 shipboard- that should be separate from anything Oceania is offering(some of it could already be coming from Oceania). Unless you were already getting a special pricing, which your $375 reduction really isn't, then when they added the YWOS promo to your sailing you should have received, The unlimited internet, The $200 OBC they were offering for that promo, + an additional OBC in lieu of PPG since you were already getting free grats. You also should have got the fare reduction if there was one from what you originally paid as you mentioned in the first post quoted. The price is considerably higher now though. It is good that your TA got you something extra to cover the internet though.

Then there are the ones here that say they use the TA's that are rebaters, which would have got you in the neighborhood of $2000 back. I'm sure it would blow their minds to know that there are those of us out here that are completely aware of these TA's, but prefer to use our TA for a number of reasons. So I do understand you being okay with your TA.

As long as you're happy that's all that's important.