Just back from Legend. Any Questons?

123linz123

• 3 weeks later...

We are taking this cruise St. Maartin to Aruba on 15 Feb.

1. The shore excursions are pretty limited in Anguilla and Martinique. Any insights on the best things to do? Besides "The Baths" on Virgin Gorda, are there any "not to be missed" activities on the other islands?

2. Was the formal night on the sea day between Martinique and Bonaire?

• 2 weeks later...

1. The shore excursions are pretty limited in Anguilla and Martinique. Any insights on the best things to do? Besides "The Baths" on Virgin Gorda, are there any "not to be missed" activities on the other islands?

We only took the Samaur trip in Bonaire, I would not recommend this, the boat was in need of attention, botched up with pieces of treated green lumber, one sail was raised for show as the engine kept running, and had a 18" gash in it.

The snorkeling was excellent, but I would go with a different company next time.

The formal night was on the Tuesday, we were at Anguilla that day.

Have a lovely time, I can't wait for my Next Seabourn cruise.

Edited by 123linz123

Shoal Bay East Beach on Anguilla.

We are back from a 14 day cruise from st Maarten on the Legend. It has been a wonderful trip.

We got to know the cruisedirector Aaron, as we had dinner with him on the first night. He is a nice guy. The whole entertainment team was great, as was the service, as always, on seabourn.

Captain Dag was stearing the wheel. We have been with him on three different cruises, he is a most sympathtic man who can tell great stories about his life on the seven seas.

In anguilla we just went to the viceroy hotel in the afternoon, very nice with a wonderful beach.

On anguilla we went to the pristine half moon bay for swimming in the waves, one of my fav. beaches in the caribbean.

On bonaire i had prebooked a tour by tours by locals dot com. We loved the island and our guide was just great.

Aruba on a sunday is closed down, no shopping for the shoppers.

In willemstad, curacao we did an extensive city tour organised by a local friend. The houses and hystorie are very interesting, as is the harbour with the swingbridge.

Our favourite and most beautiful island had to be Dominica on this trip. We did the whale-trip organised by seabourn in the morning and afterwards hoped inmedeately into a cab to the waterfalls. Nature is at is oppulent here and we had the falls to our selves in the afternoon. Gorgeous.

The ship is in excelent condition and i must admit that i do love the old small sisters a lot. Sorry to see them go.

Given that according to you, who were on the final Pride cruise , Seabourn let her leave the fleet with a whimper rather than a bang I am wondering what Seabourn has planned for the final Legend cruise. It would be nice if they did something special to mark this event but i am not holding my breath. As to Speedy and Christina when we sailed with them on our September cruise they were not sure if they would be on the final cruise nor did they think they would be moving to the big ships. Do hope that is wrong and Seabourn entertainment head honchos come to their senses.

The only 'special' thing I could think of (and I'm not sure if it was special or normal for a TA or those on b2b) was dinner in the Observation lounge with the Captain.

DSC_4420-M.jpg

(Long) Before this point in time the Pride had its Final Season/Final cruise info up detailing who would be returning for the last cruise. I'm not seeing that for either Legend or Spirit. After the let down on the Pride I do hope those on the Spirit and Legends final voyages have better results. There was nothing wrong with the cruise it just didn't feel like Seabourn put much effort beyond the bring back the favorite crew (which itself was also nice - but now they can no longer bring out Karl).

I do recall a conversation on the last cruises that for whatever reason Seabourn didn't like musical duos on the bigger sisters. I'm not sure if that's accurate but I'd be sad to see Speedy and Christina go as they did far more than just music.

I'll see what I can see next month.