Carnival Legend Questions

Hi - I can't seem to find these answers anywhere and I am 45 days from taking my girl scout troop to Alaska on the Legend and hoping someone will have the answers. I realize the questions probably don't seem all that urgent but its the first time I will have taken 9 teenagers this far from home so the more information I have the better.

The first is whether the new American Table menu has been rolled out on the Legend and if so if anyone knows what the Port of Call menu looks like for Alaska?

Another is when or how I might be able to get copies of the Fun Times (I think that's what they call the schedule of each days events). I know they would be subject to change and that's fine but I'm hoping to review them to get a sense of what activities are available and which the girls are interested in.

And the last is just a request for any suggestions / tips for how to make the time on the ship the most fun for both the kids (9 - 16 year old girls, 2 younger brothers (12 & 13 yrs old), and the adults traveling with them)

Thanks so much for any help,

Jen

Jen, the first Legend cruise to Alaska cruise gets back into port today, so hopefully you will get answers. I would suggest posting questions tomorrow morning, but look for reviews starting tonight. I hope you have a great cruise, and that you get your answers ( i too want to know);)

Edited by marshhawk

Hi - I can't seem to find these answers anywhere and I am 45 days from taking my girl scout troop to Alaska on the Legend and hoping someone will have the answers. I realize the questions probably don't seem all that urgent but its the first time I will have taken 9 teenagers this far from home so the more information I have the better.

The first is whether the new American Table menu has been rolled out on the Legend and if so if anyone knows what the Port of Call menu looks like for Alaska?

Another is when or how I might be able to get copies of the Fun Times (I think that's what they call the schedule of each days events). I know they would be subject to change and that's fine but I'm hoping to review them to get a sense of what activities are available and which the girls are interested in.

And the last is just a request for any suggestions / tips for how to make the time on the ship the most fun for both the kids (9 - 16 year old girls, 2 younger brothers (12 & 13 yrs old), and the adults traveling with them)

Thanks so much for any help,

Jen

Cannot help you with the menus and fun times but having been on the Legend twice I wanted to say that its likely the middle pool will have its cover drawn so it will be covered and warm enough for swimming. Our Baltic cruise had the cover on for most of the voyage.

Pack swimsuits in case!

I'm just back from the first sailing to Alaska.

Regular menu - NOT American Table menu.

Not as much entertainment as Carribean cruises but there is a Naturalist

on board that shares a great deal of info over the ships P.A. system.

Binoculars are a MUST, Carnival couldn't afford to pay the wildlife to swim up close to the ship and wave for photo's.

If you post an E-mail address, I'll scan and e-mail the Fun Times to you. First sailing was an eight day with a visit to Glacier Bay that is not in the regular seven day sailings for the season.

Mid ship pool deck roof was closed the entire voyage. There were people swimming and using the hot tubs.

• 2 weeks later...

Binoculars are a MUST, Carnival couldn't afford to pay the wildlife to swim up close to the ship and wave for photo's.

If you post an E-mail address, I'll scan and e-mail the Fun Times to you. First sailing was an eight day with a visit to Glacier Bay that is not in the regular seven day sailings for the season.

Mid ship pool deck roof was closed the entire voyage. There were people swimming and using the hot tubs.

Bigeee67 would you be willing to send me a copy of the Fun Times for the Alaska Legend cruise as well? If you don't mind, it's angielqq12@gmail.com...thanks!

Thank you so much for the reply and the info - we would love the fun times and my email is thecassinis@gmail.com. Thanks again!!

Sometimes one of the "trivia" games is a scavenger hunt. You are given a list of things to take pictures of and the first group back with all the items documented wins.

If they don't schedule this you could make a list on your own. Items like an umbrella, 2 staff from different countries holding hands, silly things like that.

Darn, they posted so blurry... I can scan it at work on Friday and email if any one is interested.

I would appreciate it so much! My oldest is 14 and is wondering what the club activities are. The other two would be in Camp Carnival. Theirs is about the same across the lines.

tamirpr@aol.com

Edited by tamirpr

Being you probably are not taking the group on the add on Tracy Arm tour, be well informed that you are barely going to get a glacier view from the cruise ship. An alternative, if a priority- which, frankly should be going to Alaska, would be to get the group to Mendenhall- NOT on a tour, but just using cabs/shuttle buses. Walking to Nugget Falls would be a great option to consider.

If you happen to have scheduled the add on Tracy Arm tour- an excellent choice, absolutely. :)

I will address the time on the ship. The basketball court and putt putt are on the top outside deck. Make sure your group has athletic shoes, jackets and hats to wear. It will be daylight until 10pm ish and being outside moving was the best thing for our children, plus the views are amazing from that high vantage point. The running track is also at this location, just 2 decks above the covered pool. Be aware the hot tubs are generally not hot, so time limitations are not as important as they would be if they were kept at higher temps. Of course, I always checked the temperature myself. Sometimes the chlorine levels are high in the hot tubs, so bring Visine or your preferred eye rinse, and a good lotion for dry skin. The pools are saltwater; my kids usually prefer to wear swim goggles. There are also 2 water slides, one is a drop-type high speed slide that is very fun and your group will have a blast on this if it is open. The naturalist programs are a must if you are doing an educational cruise. They run a full hour long and can be packed. There are some free and low cost educational booklets/books available on board, as well as souvenirs that will be sold on one or two days while at sea. You can use this time for shopping instead of/in addition to spending hours in port at stores that all basically sell the same thing- hats, t-shirts, key rings, bottle openers, etc. The arcade is small and expensive, but most kids like to check it out, play air hockey and a few games. Hope you have a great time! The Dr. Seuss breakfast is fun for all ages, btw.