Rooms below Garden Cafe loud?

We are getting ready for our first cruise on the Dawn next week. Does anyone have experience with rooms on the floor below the Garden Cafe? Is it noisy being directly below? Can one hear/feel people walking, stomping, chairs and tables moving, talking, etc. on the floor below? Thanks!

The only ships I've really looked at similar cabins on are the Jewel class, which are similar to the Dawn in a number of ways.

My understanding is that being below the cafe itself isn't a big problem, but you should avoid being under the galley area as this can be quite noisy.

I haven't been on the Dawn, but from the deck plan it looks as though buffet goes round the outside with the galley in the middle, which would avoid that problem.

Thanks all! We moved to a room under other staterooms instead, just in case.

Probably a good move, we were just on the Jewel in a deck 11 mini suite which was right under the galley for the Garden Cafe. First couple of nights, a little noise about midnight, but didn't last long. We had to move after the 3rd night, someone was obviously not happy getting late night dish washing duty. Crashing, banging, angry loud voices. We were up until 4am. We contacted Guest Services who quickly put us in touch with the HD, and our problem was taken care of. We moved the next day to a forward mini under the spa. Slept fine the rest of the cruise.

Edited by craig-n-carol
Sp.

The only ships I've really looked at similar cabins on are the Jewel class, which are similar to the Dawn in a number of ways.

My understanding is that being below the cafe itself isn't a big problem, but you should avoid being under the galley area as this can be quite noisy.

I haven't been on the Dawn, but from the deck plan it looks as though buffet goes round the outside with the galley in the middle, which would avoid that problem.

Yes you can make a complete circle of the Buffet area or the reverse unlike

the DAWN's sister ship the STAR which dead ends port side aft (Blocked by teen Zone and the Video Arcade)

NCL DAWN Deck 11 problem relative to Deck 12 Pool & Buffet.

Port side:

11562 to 11672 +/- minor annoyances

11590 to 11656 +/- major irritations ---

Pool Deck - RRs - Elevator Foyer -Buffet Seating - Buffet - Area Seating during meal times other wise quiet zone ending 11565.

Starboard side:

11062 to 11172 +/- minor annoyances

11090 to 11172 +/- major irritations --- high traffic side

Pool Deck - RRs - Elevator Foyer -Buffet Seating - Buffet - More Buffet desert and fresh fruits - soft self serve ice cream machine and exit crew buffet area ---

Exit to exercise equipment spa etc.

So some noise problems during meal times - NCL seems to keep the clean-up pretty

quiet during the evening hours.

Suggestion if you are hearing a lot of noise continuously contact Guest Services

and have security check-it out - this is not the entertainment area of the ship !