Luggage Tags

This is our first cruise so it may be a stupid question, however I am confused. Just printed my edocs and saw where to print the luggage tags. Obviously these are large and dont fit in a standard luggage tag holder. How do you handle this? Do I need to buy a special luggage tag holder?

Also it printed on 2 pages. One says our room and the boat the other is the color and where to write a name and address. Is this normal? Help so confused!

IT should print on one page, not sure why yours didn't.. maybe it's your printer settings. As far as a holder.. we have never used them. I fold the paper and staple it around the handle of the suitcase. I than use clear masking tape as an extra measure so they don't fall off. Hope this helps a bit..

The luggage tag is the one in color that should say your room number and ship ect. It will say where to fold.. follow instructions, wrap around handle of luggage and throw 4 or 5 staples at it on the ends and that is all you need. If you're flying I wait until after the flight to do this. Yes I carry a small stapler.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by res2cue

Okay, you need to resize the tags..... it all should be on one page. You don't need a luggage holder! There are instructions on how to fold the page, the sides should have no printing on them. You fold the blank spaces to the back of the printed section (both edges).

IF you are flying to the port DO NOT ATTACH the tags until you land or are at the port. Loop the tag around the handle of the suitcase and just staple or tape the tag around the handle.

We fold them and cover them in clear packing tape. Punch a hole in them and then use a zip tie to attach to your luggage...

I also cover the Luggage tags with Clear plastic (wide mailing) tape to keep

the Tags from tearing. (Yes, put on suitcases when you get to port)

I bring a small roll of tape, in an outside pocket of my suitcase, that I use to secure the Tags ends together when we get there.

These are the CC clear plastic - reusable - luggage tag holders (wide style) - comes with plastic straps, you will find them usable in years to come (welcome to CC & cruising) - adjust your printer's zoom setting, it should print-to-fit in a single page (turn off headers/footers & other extras) Fold them up & it should slide easily it - put an extra paper "tag" inside your checked luggage, just in case it's lost or ripped off (unlikely ... ;) )

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Cruising%20-%20General/IMG20150322LT.jpg

As for the mini NCL Latitude tags, those are legacy & historic items, no longer issued or given, old timers like us got them over 10 years ago - we're only Silver then :p - FDR & AS, where's our Platinum tags for recognition, LOL.

Edited by mking8288

Please do not fret about printing or stapling. We never used the tags because they are completely unnecessary. The porter will fill out a tag with your cabin number dockside.

Unless you get the porter I had. He managed to transpose the stateroom number, and I just happened to be walking down the hallway totally on the other end of where my cabin was located and saw a very similar suitcase to mine.....identical even!! Yep, it was my bag. I had to schlep the darn thing the length of the deck!

• 2 weeks later...
This is our first cruise so it may be a stupid question, however I am confused. Just printed my edocs and saw where to print the luggage tags. Obviously these are large and dont fit in a standard luggage tag holder. How do you handle this? Do I need to buy a special luggage tag holder?

Also it printed on 2 pages. One says our room and the boat the other is the color and where to write a name and address. Is this normal? Help so confused!

You have probably already sailed by now, but I wanted to post what I figured out. I had the same issue with my tags printing on two pages and couldn't figure out how to re-size them either. I couldn't find an answer on the boards, so I thought I would post what I discovered.

The "print this document" doesn't look like a hyperlink and when you hover over it, it doesn't turn into a hand like most hyperlinks do. However, if you just left click on it, your printer box will pop up. It will print correctly if you use the "print this document" link. However, if you right click on the page to print or even try to copy and paste the picture into a blank document to re-size and print, that will not work. You have to use the "print this page". Also, you can only print one copy at a time. Anyway, that is what I was doing wrong - hope that helps anyone else who runs into this issue!