Regatta Class Ships - C1 Category 6004/6005 ??

curtdesilets

We have an option to get one of these supposedly larger C1 OV staterooms (6004 or 6005) on our upcoming Sirena cruise. They are in the very front of the ship on Level 6 tucked between a Vista Suite and a Veranda.

1) Is it noticeably bigger than the standard 165 foot OV?

2) Can it be a rough area in high seas?

3) Any other opinions?

Someone in an earlier post said BOOK IT, that these are highly sought out!

Our current location is Level 4 Midship right under the slot machines. I am actually a bit concerned about noise there.

Thanks in advance for any responses. - Curt.

We have an option to get one of these supposedly larger C1 OV staterooms (6004 or 6005) on our upcoming Sirena cruise. They are in the very front of the ship on Level 6 tucked between a Vista Suite and a Veranda.

3) Any other opinions?

Our current location is Level 4 Midship right under the slot machines. I am actually a bit concerned about noise there.

I do not suggest these cabins as they are directly over the night club and can be noisy..my friend has 7007 on 12/11 but you can check for 7006 as it is quite a bit bigger but deck 7 is much quieter..otherwise I would stay on deck 4 near reception..

Jancruz1

3) Any other opinions?

If quiet is your priority, I would agree with Jan (see post #2).

That said, because of the slope of the forward superstructure,

Regatta_Apr14_Ship_IMG_9256_450.jpgthose forward cabins are larger by about the area of four bathmats than is standard. The furnishings and cabinetry, however, are identical to any other Veranda Cabin, so although those cabins are technically larger, they "feel" very much like the others.

You may, for example, notice that the space from the arm of the sofa to the veranda doorway is two and a half feet, rather than eight inches, but it's not as if they take advantage of that space by placing an end table there.

The verandas of 6000 and 6001 are the real reason to book these cabins. The are about 3x the size of the typical "side of the ship" verandas (the largest standard cabin verandas on the R ships) and their views are REALLY something to write home about!

105740.jpg This photograph was taken from adjoining Vista Suite 6002, as the Regatta sailed from St. Petersburg, Russia.

Hope that this helped with your decision. :)

slightly bigger because there is no balcony so you get some of that space

you also get the noise from the wave smacking the hull when under power & the anchor noise if you have tender ports

Deck is better IMO

slightly bigger because there is no balcony so you get some of that space

you also get the noise from the wave smacking the hull when under power & the anchor noise if you have tender ports

Deck is better IMO

Um...... Alex, I'd like to buy a Noun for $500. :p

Hi Curt, Have seen you on X boards over the years. We too have become Oceania fans. I like the 2 new ships. If I was going to do a LA RT to Mexico I would choose Azamara as the ships are the same but you would get your Elite Plus benefits and liquor is included. I wish one of the new O ships would do more on the west Coast.

Hi Curt, Have seen you on X boards over the years. We too have become Oceania fans. I like the 2 new ships. If I was going to do a LA RT to Mexico I would choose Azamara as the ships are the same but you would get your Elite Plus benefits and liquor is included. I wish one of the new O ships would do more on the west Coast.

Hi Maggie:

Yes, we are slowly weaning ourselves off of Celebrity. My dear Wife is not a big fan of the Solstice ships (too big she says). I like them though. I do wish Celebrity would do more California Coastal Cruises. We had such a good time on the Century a few years ago!

Oceania's bite-sized ships are just right for us. Oceania, and the INSANELY GOOD FOOD, are hard to pass on.

Thanks for the Azamara tip. Perhaps that will be our next one. - Curt.

You may, for example, notice that the space from the arm of the sofa to the veranda doorway is two and a half feet, rather than eight inches, but it's not as if they take advantage of that space by placing an end table there.

Th. :)

We have booked 7006 on the Sirena in December. From one photo that I found on the board, it seems that the love seat is moved near the window rather than having the bed almost against the window and the love seat stuck back in the middle of the room. To me that is a nicer layout. I know that regarding motion mother nature will decide but I thought it would be fun to try this unique cabin at least once. After all, regarding motion, the suites next door are farther forward and the 00 and 01 cabins are also.

I liked the two cabins on the seventh deck better than the two on the sixth deck because 7007 and 7006 do not have a connecting door to the adjoining suite and they are not directly above the public rooms on Deck 5.

We have booked 7006 on the Sirena in December. From one photo that I found on the board, it seems that the love seat is moved near the window rather than having the bed almost against the window and the love seat stuck back in the middle of the room. To me that is a nicer layout. I know that regarding motion mother nature will decide but I thought it would be fun to try this unique cabin at least once. After all, regarding motion, the suites next door are farther forward and the 00 and 01 cabins are also.

I liked the two cabins on the seventh deck better than the two on the sixth deck because 7007 and 7006 do not have a connecting door to the adjoining suite and they are not directly above the public rooms on Deck 5.

On Oceania, Azamara and Princess, those porthole rooms have been laid out like this, until now:

b_222722.jpg...but the sofa is moveable, that is, if you are not concerned about watching the TV from it.

On Oceania, Azamara and Princess, those porthole rooms have been laid out like this, until now:

b_222722.jpg...but the sofa is moveable, that is, if you are not concerned about watching the TV from it.

Hey FOLKS, I'm new to this thread, but I would like to state that Jim & Stan are THEE experts re Oceania, and you should heed what they say.

Jim & Stan, you don't know me, although we met at a gathering on the Marina on the initial voyage from Italy to Miami. That was a great trip! I will be doing the Miami to LA next month on the "new" Sirena. Good luck guys.

Deck 4 is a great location! I have been in staterooms 4007 (near the front) and 4033 (center) on the Regatta. Both were very quiet locations. There was no noise from above whatsoever. I have also been in Concierge staterooms on deck 7. The deck 4 rooms were just as quiet as on deck 7. Have a great cruise!

Deck 4 is a great location! I have been in staterooms 4007 (near the front) and 4033 (center) on the Regatta. Both were very quiet locations. There was no noise from above whatsoever. I have also been in Concierge staterooms on deck 7. The deck 4 rooms were just as quiet as on deck 7. Have a great cruise!

We are in a C1 on the 4th floor. Should be fine. We actually cannot wait. Just 52 days away!!