Queen Mary 2 activities

subaru94

You can expect all those you mentioned. We also had bridge lessons, watercolor classes, dance lessons, Needlework/Knitting group, movies, port presentations, lectures, table tennis tournament, golf putting tournament, computer classes, short mat bowls, social whist play, shuffleboard, and afternoon tea. Sure there were others as well but those were a few from three days of the "Daily Programme".

The QM2 also has the only planatarium at sea, and shows are scheduled during the afternoon. One must pick up a ticket at (I seem to remember) connexions on two deck forward, but they are easy to get. They will also have speakers in the a.m., and films in the afternoon and evening, and if I am correct from a message while on hold for White Star Luggage yesterday, they now show 3D films as well. The library on QM2 is particularly large and has a good selection of books, I am sure you will find lots of things to do.

Thankfully there will not be any poolside activities as found on so many of the other lines. Cunard likes to leave the pool to those who swim and sun with out overbearing music and contests.

On my Baltic cruise on QE a couple of weeks ago, there were "music quizzes" around the pool........

There is so much to do! We really enjoyed going to the quizzes in the Pub, attended Insights lectures about astronomy and architecture, and we went to the Aquatherapy pool and saunas in the Canyon Ranch spa (you can get a 3 day pass for $75USD, highly recommend this). There are also some excellent musical performances (flautist, harpist, jazz/piano in the bars) and great dance classes. Something for everybody. We also read several books while lounging out on deck. You won't be bored, there's something for everyone.

Have a wonderful trip and please come back and tell us what you thought.

BTW my first cruise ship experience was on the Fairstar ! I was crew very briefly from Sydney in 1989.

Thanks Host Hattie, will do by the way the first cruise we did on the Fairstar with our children when they were 4 and 5 was one of the best family cruises we have ever been on still see a couple we met on that cruise.:)