"I wish I knew before..."

T&Dcruisers

@Anthomaniac, I'm buying you a drink at the open bar! Thanks! I have been hauling around a Walmart battery operated camping fan in my carryon- not heavy, but takes up space. I found a good app and will test it out on this week's business trip.

I use an app for my iPad that has all sorts of white noise from fan, to rain. We use the waves sound on a cruise. Works perfectly. :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I used that new app, with the fan motor noise, last night right after you suggested it. It's perfect, exactly the right sound & plenty loud even on the "low" setting. I slept great last night. I agree with Nancyw12, we owe you a drink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

@Anthomaniac, I'm buying you a drink at the open bar! Thanks! I have been hauling around a Walmart battery operated camping fan in my carryon- not heavy, but takes up space. I found a good app and will test it out on this week's business trip.

Yay! I'm so happy I could help! :)

I used that new app, with the fan motor noise, last night right after you suggested it. It's perfect, exactly the right sound & plenty loud even on the "low" setting. I slept great last night. I agree with Nancyw12, we owe you a drink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm so glad!

Wow, I'm a lightweight, you guys will have me snockered in no time 😂😂😂

I also use an app called nightstand (I think) that works as a clock where you can dim the screen so it is bright enough to see in a dark cabin, but not bright enough to keep me awake. It has a great alarm that gradually gets louder over a couple of minutes with lots of alarm noise options, I use the church bells. 😀

• 1 month later...

The only place we have taken a tour recently was in St. Petersburg because getting off the ship by yourself requires a relatively expensive tourist visa, while the excursion do not. That excursion had all the flaws of every other one. We would have loved to spend more time at the Hermitage, and less time at the mediocre lunch. It was ok, but I'm glad we do not do tours anymore.

This isn't quite true - you have to be on a tour to avoid having to get a visa, but it does NOT have to be a ship's tour. Note that you do have to have pre-booked the tour.

You can even pre-book to have a tour with your own personal guide (I have a friend who did that).

You mean I have to have a visa to get into Fl. now? GOSH! Not as expensive as Brazil. Silly to pay $5000-6000 for a cruises , drink 500 worth of booze but not be willing to pay for a Russian Visa. I'm not accusing anyone of drinking that much booze but using it as an example of being thrifty for the wrong reason. Price of the Visa is less than the price of a tour.

This will be my third cruise and so far, I have done pretty well with clothes . I have just lost 25 lbs. and need all new summer clothes, ( awww,poor me, lol) anyhow, I need to find wrinkle free or clothes that hardly wrinkle. I live on the east coast of the US, where either online or stores do I find good quality but not high like Chico's? Thanks:cool:

This will be my third cruise and so far, I have done pretty well with clothes . I have just lost 25 lbs. and need all new summer clothes, ( awww,poor me, lol) anyhow, I need to find wrinkle free or clothes that hardly wrinkle. I live on the east coast of the US, where either online or stores do I find good quality but not high like Chico's? Thanks:cool:

Hard to say without more info. Depending on where u live there are tons of amazing outlet malls on the east coast where u could get great stuff at a decent price. Chico's even has an outlet here in CT. I like Banana Republic and NY& Co, but there are lots of great options.

Hard to say without more info. Depending on where u live there are tons of amazing outlet malls on the east coast where u could get great stuff at a decent price. Chico's even has an outlet here in CT. I like Banana Republic and NY& Co, but there are lots of great options.

We live in Maryland and are traveling to the Baltic this summer. I don't want a wrinkled mess by the time we arrive on the ship and I would like to wear slacks at least two days so I don't have to pack so much. so, what brands, fabric combos make good travel clothing for summer ? Thanks

Wow...great website! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for sharing. My husband and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary. Lots of great tips.

The price you pay for your cell service in Mexico and on board the ship are both set by your carrier, so call them first. Ask if they have a plan you can turn on. I don't know about ATT, but Verizon, for example, can turn on a "ship" plan for nothing (the calls will still cost, but be less) and a "Mexico" plan for like 12 bucks for the month. When in port, make sure your are far enough away from the ship so that you are not "captured" by their cell site. RCL turns off their site when in port, but I have seen it still on. Also, be very carefull with your type of phone. When it goes to it's data functions, the international rates can add up very fast. We have heard of people being charged hundreds of dollars when they got back. Hope this helps.

I agree! These tidbits of knowledge from previous cruisers are priceless to us newcomers. Thanks for any and all advice you may have..

Sent from my VS500 using Forums mobile app

I use an app for my iPad that has all sorts of white noise from fan, to rain. We use the waves sound on a cruise. Works perfectly. :)

Which app do you use. There are a lot to chose from for iPads

Thanks

Ross-TJMaxx-Beals-evenCrackerBarrelrestaurants

Which app do you use. There are a lot to chose from for iPads

Thanks

I use white noise HD.

You can combine sounds to make custom white noise. I love fan/umbrella rain and ocean waves/thunderstorm

It has a clock, fade, balance, timer, etc.

It has over 45 sounds!

I also love nightstand. It's a great clock/alarm app that I use when traveling.

I start white noise, then run it in the background with nightstand so that I have a large clock in the room when I wake up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read thru all of these over a few days, crazy how many good tips there is! <3 Going on our first cruise May 21, 2017! SO excited, but also nervous about motion sickness! :o Also we have decided for the Cheers, that way we can just drink and relax and not worry about the bill we are running up!

We live in Maryland and are traveling to the Baltic this summer. I don't want a wrinkled mess by the time we arrive on the ship and I would like to wear slacks at least two days so I don't have to pack so much. so, what brands, fabric combos make good travel clothing for summer ? Thanks

If you live near Harford County check out Josephs Department Store in Have de Grace. Great selection of ladies clothing and a lot of easy travel clothes.

Wrap your clothes in tissue paper--works for me and reduces wrinkles. Also, I bring travel size cans of Downy spray that reduces wrinkles. Just picked up 6 bottles at Walmart for my cruise in ten days and for some later trips this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I love all these tips! Just a few questions and I will be cruising on the Carnival Victory

Why does the cell phone not work as an alarm clock?

Does the tv have any "music" channels?

I am a big drinker and need a better idea if the Cheers is worth it. Do they shut you off from alcohol after the 15th drink? Yes I can drink more than 15 in a 12+ hour time period especially if I start the beverages pool side after lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Forums