Shuttle buses

Mrs Tinkywinky

Ah ok, let's hope she berths at the Langalini, I remember the ship was close to the mermaid and the walk very nice.

Perhaps not in Copenhagen but on recent cruises we have had the least favourable berth with Celebrity ships taking prime positions. [emoji53]

I would love to go back to Copenhagen it is one of the ports which stands out in my memories as we had such a lovely day. I seem to recall lunch ashore was quite expensive though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have visited Stockholm and Copenhagen in the past few years although not on a cruise. I am saving my pennies ........:eek:

I know the OP asked about the Baltic but on looking at the ports P and O. charges for I noticed one was Barcelona. In case anyone is going there and has to pay look for the port shuttle, blue, which is usually cheaper and takes you to the same place. It might be the same in otter ports. I don't know so always worth looking or googling.

Well on Princess we had 3 paid shuttles. One $7 pp each way, one $5 pp each way and one €5 flat charge. That was Livorno.

I make that about $58.00 per couple. So not good value ???

I suppose value to individual pax will be based on the cruise ports, how much less the saver fare was, if you are taking an organised excursion on one of the pay for shuttle ports etc.

Well on Princess we had 3 paid shuttles. One $7 pp each way, one $5 pp each way and one €5 flat charge. That was Livorno.

I make that about $58.00 per couple. So not good value ???

I suppose value to individual pax will be based on the cruise ports, how much less the saver fare was, if you are taking an organised excursion on one of the pay for shuttle ports etc.

Just had a look at some cruises in September and in all cases the difference between saver and select fare is very little once OBC is taken into consideration. Looks like on a lot of cruises taking a saver fare is hardly worth it.

Bit more of a difference in November as I would expect.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just had a look at some cruises in September and in all cases the difference between saver and select fare is very little once OBC is taken into consideration. Looks like on a lot of cruises taking a saver fare is hardly worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree Dai, we have booked Select for the last 3 P&O cruises for that reason

Yes I agree that on many cruises the select fare makes absolute sense and good value when you add in the free parking or the OBC.

As with everything you need to balance the discount against any other potential costs. On any of the savers we have taken there has been a more substantial discount and the cost of perhaps one shuttle fee was not enough to make select worth it on those occasions.