Just off the Crown...any questions!

mcgratru

We just debarked on Saturday from the Crown - Inside Passage with Glacier Bay. Happy to answer any questions??

I just got off my Scandinavian cruise, where the currency of half the countries we visited was none other than the Crown. It would be like sailing on the Dollar Princess. Aptly named....

Could you check your patters and see what bands are playing in the Wheelhouse and Explorers? We are thinking of booking a cruise for next month but always like to know what bands are playing. Thank you. :)

I just got off my Scandinavian cruise, where the currency of half the countries we visited was none other than the Crown. It would be like sailing on the Dollar Princess. Aptly named....

I think we always sail on that ship! ;)

How was the service? The two previous times I was on Crown service was horrible. (Both were noro-cruises, which I hope was the only reason.). I hope service will be good as other Princess ships when we sail her this New Years cruise. What was your experience with the service?

We are taking the same cruise on the Crown next month. Are there two formal nights? DH has always taken his tux on cruises, but is considering slacks, sport coat & tie this time, due to the fact that we have to pack more "bulky", warm items. I know "formal dress" always causes a big debate (!) but I'm wondering if you saw anyone dressed this way on a formal night? Don't want to start "the debate" up again, just want to know what you observed.

We are taking the same cruise on the Crown next month. Are there two formal nights? DH has always taken his tux on cruises, but is considering slacks, sport coat & tie this time, due to the fact that we have to pack more "bulky", warm items. I know "formal dress" always causes a big debate (!) but I'm wondering if you saw anyone dressed this way on a formal night? Don't want to start "the debate" up again, just want to know what you observed.

I did this trip in June. There are two formal nights. I don't think I saw anyone in a tux, so your husband will be fine in a shirt, tie and sports coat. Enjoy!

I did find the evenings a little sparse on entertainment. This was due, I think, to the demographic on the ship and the late/ odd port hours on several evenings.

The production shows were average ( although the first show had a few strange choices). We did have a great comedian onboard but I would have liked to see more of him. (Carlos Oscar)

Wheelhouse & Explorers

Tritone Duo

Vocalist Will Dickerson

Pianist Robert Deans

Jazz with Princess Orchestra

Big Band with Princess Orchestra

Pianist David Moore

Icon

Uber Rossi - Comedian & Acrobat

MUTS (infrequent and impossible to attend if going to dinner as most started at 7:00 pm)

The Rewrite

Billy Joel Live

Age of Adaline

The Proposal

The Longest Ride

Shark Week - Shark Ninja

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Elton John Special

Cinderella

Sound of Music

Edited by mcgratru

How was the service? The two previous times I was on Crown service was horrible. (Both were noro-cruises, which I hope was the only reason.). I hope service will be good as other Princess ships when we sail her this New Years cruise. What was your experience with the service?

Service was fantastic on my July cruise!

Food was great every night. Beef was amazing and even the Lobster was pretty good (hard to beat the lobster from where I come from). Chocolate desserts were awesome and I am not usually a chocolate fan.

Service was excellent (with the exception of the unorganized excursion department). Great service in botticelli each night.

Formal nights were Sunday and Thursday. Only saw one tuxedo all week but they were monitoring dress in the dining room (no shorts, torn jeans, muscle shirts etc)

What? ????

What an unnecessary comment... and what does it mean?

If I tell you, that's going to cost you 20 Crowns. Which country do you want to pay in--Norwegian, Swedish, or Danish? :sly:

Edited by tetleytea

MUTS (infrequent and impossible to attend if going to dinner as most started at 7:00 pm)

The Rewrite

Billy Joel Live

Age of Adaline

The Proposal

The Longest Ride

Shark Week - Shark Ninja

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Elton John Special

Cinderella

Sound of Music

Thanks appreciate the info on MUTS.

One other question, did you see many kids onboard your sailing? We are bringing our daughters with us in August so just curious how many kids to expect. We have gotten used to sailing DCL so even 500 kids would seem like a small amount. ;)

Thanks appreciate the info on MUTS.

One other question, did you see many kids onboard your sailing? We are bringing our daughters with us in August so just curious how many kids to expect. We have gotten used to sailing DCL so even 500 kids would seem like a small amount. ;)

You can call Princess and they will tell you how many children are booked for your sailing.