BigAl94

Members
About Me

• Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Celebrity
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Kotor

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

BigAl94's Achievements

1,000+ Club

1,000+ Club (7/20)

1. There is also one on the bedside phone but neither USB are capable of charging many phones and tablets. Best way is to use your own charger in an adaptor using the 220 or 110 volt sockets
  2. Our first cruise with Celebrity was 17 years ago on Millie and even at 7 years old there were issues. I posted about our stateroom, corroded fittings, worn carpet, torn drapes, rust on the balcony and wind noise from the balcony door to name a few. Makes me think there were quality issues with this class of ship from the start excacerbated by poor maintenance. Not acceptable especially at the prices charged now
  3. Exactly what zitsky said. PW business model is suspect.
  4. No theme nights, evening chic rather than formal but all very casual.
  5. Unfortunately Havilla Polaris cruise had to be cancelled in the past few days due to overheating issues Havila Polaris passengers evacuated, cruise cancelled - Travel Gossip
  6. Recent Apex cruise, only used Oceanview for lunch, busy yes but always got 2 seats and we were never refused joining a table. Pleased to see Celebrity staff moving on card players who had finished their lunch. The quality of the food was excellent.
  7. Having just returned from a fantastic cruise to the Norwegian Fjords on Apex I would encourage anyone with this on their "bucket list" to not delay! If you click on the video play button in this link, it gives an overview of the drastic changes the Norwegian government want to bring in 2026. https://www.dw.com/en/norway-bans-polluting-cruise-ships/video-67882149#:~:text=Starting in 2026%2C only cruise,tourism from damaging the ecosystem.
  8. Worth bearing in mind that in all probability none of the current Celebrity fleet will be able to visit the fjords after 2025 Click on the video in the following link https://www.dw.com/en/norway-bans-polluting-cruise-ships/video-67882149#:~:text=Starting in 2026%2C only cruise,tourism from damaging the ecosystem.
  9. I am currently on Apex and agree totally with your comments with the exception of the food and service which has been consistently fantastic. Bit too much of a party vibe for my age and nowhere to escape from it.
  10. We've sailed in an SV stateroom on Solstice, the only time we felt vibration was when manoeuvring in port. The real issue was soot making the balcony unusable a lot of the time.
  11. Obviously I meant a ban on taking bridge photos seems pointless
  12. Seems a bit pointless as there are numerous bridge photos of many Celebrity ships on the net!

If you are already a Cruise Critic member, please log in with your existing account information or your email address and password.