At what temp do you think a cabin is to hot,

on the Crown the temp in our cabin was measured at 22 degrees c

for me this is to hot for a good nights sleep,

just checked my house temp we are sitting with doors open

and inside temp is 16 degrees c

what to do folks think,

cabin air con was a max cold air flow setting was moved by engineer to max

yours Shogun

Wow, people who like it cold! Me, not so much. I generally like it around 24C. I"d be okay at 22C.

I recall setting the thermostat quite low in a cabin I was sharing because it was hot when we got there. I left to explore. An engineer was was leaving the cabin as I got back. Apparently I had totally misunderstood the thermostat settings and had actually turned up the temperature.

Shogun, We normally keep the cabin thermometer right in the center, or a step below, without any problems.

At home in winter months we keep the night time temp at 16C (60F). In summer it is what it is. Were we live we hardly ever need to turn the air conditioner on.

At what temperature do I think a cabin is too hot? Probably around 27.

I think 22 is lovely, 24 would be quite nice on a warm weather cruise - actually on any weather cruise. 16 is inhumane! I'd have to wear 3 layers of clothes at those temperatures - and wool socks!

I hope the cabin temp can be adjusted as we usually keep cooler during the day, warmer during night. We'll be on Grand.

It probably has more to do with where your cabin is on the ship. Both of our Grand cruises this year were very warm in the cabin for the first 3 days and we had it set on the coolest setting. It finally cooled down by the 4th day. It might be cooler in the front and works it way toward the rear? It's just that we had no control over the temp for the first three whole days and our cabin was toward the aft.

We live on the coast just south of San Francisco where the weather is pretty much always between 50-60F. We've gotten used to it and prefer to sleep in a pretty cool room with the windows open year round. We almost never need to turn on the heat and there is no need for air conditioning; in fact our house has no AC.

On my first 2. cruises, the ships were so cold (which is good for me) that whenever I would open a door to go outside, you would hear the change in air pressure. Also if you had a camera open at the time, the screen would fog. this stopped happening as of cruise #3. I can only assume as part of cost savings they do not cool the ships like they used to :(

The colder the better for us. In the summer we can tolerate sleeping with just a top sheet at 22C in our home. If we use a light blanket, then the A/C is set to 20C.

In the winter, we don't use the heater unless it gets to about 12C. We just pile on more clothes and blankets.

If it's 23C as the lowest temp on a cruise... I'm calling the Engineer to get if lowered! We've done it before, and they were able to fix it.

Hi All

At what temp do you think a cabin is to hot,

on the Crown the temp in our cabin was measured at 22 degrees c

for me this is to hot for a good nights sleep,

just checked my house temp we are sitting with doors open

and inside temp is 16 degrees c

what to do folks think,

cabin air con was a max cold air flow setting was moved by engineer to max

yours Shogun

As cold as possible for me, I have trouble sleeping even at 18C.

Even in my apartment in the middle of winter when it's -18C outside I don't have the heating on, the heat coming up through the floor from the downstairs apartment is more than enough for me.

I hate being too warm. We almost always try to lower cabin temps and don't have too much success. I am going to remember to call the engineering department this time. Speaking of temps, when we went to bed last night, the outside temp was 20 C. and this morning when I woke up, ith the duvet up to my shoulders, the thermometer read 6 C. hat is quite a steep drop. Fall must be here.

Hi Caber

The engineer came because I requested him to attend the cabin.

yours Shogun

Sorry Shogun,

I misread the original post. Your cabin was too hot although it was turned down so the engineer reduced the temperature, am I correct?

I can`t sleep if it is too warm. Fortunately we don`t often have that problem at home, although this summer was especially good.

Hi Caber,

We called the engineer because we were way to hot,

so he came and checked the air con,

he was producing a temp of 22 degrees which he was happy with

we were not, as for us that's a summers day, not a nice temp for

sleeping

yours Shogun

I live in Chico, CA.

In the summer the outside temps range from 88° F (31° C) to 110° F (43° C). In the daytime we cool our house to 82° F (almost 22° C). Summers we sleep with all the windows open and the air conditioner off. Night time temps range from 77° F (25° C) - 88° F (31° C).

In the winter temps run from 32° F (0° C) at night - 68° F (20° C) during the day. In the day time we heat the house to 68° F (20° C). At night the heater is always off.

I find that temperature feels different, whether you have furnace or air conditioner on :confused:. In the winter with the furnace on, it’s warm air moving around the room/house, so you don’t need the thermostat set too high, 18 - 20*C is high enough. In the summer with the AC on, it’s cool air moving around the room/house, so you may need to set the thermostat higher, depending on the people in locale, maybe even as high as 24 - 25*C.

My DW feels cold from a slight breeze at 24 - 25*C, and it turns out, many people feel that way :(

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebexc city to New Yoek

.27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Caribbean Princess, 29 Mar. - 05 Apr. 2014, 7 Day, Western Caribbean, Houston Ret.

29th cruise - Regal Princess, 02 June - 19 June, 2014, Venice - Barcelona, - Venice 17 days

30th cruise - Royal Princess, 10 - 27 Sep. 2014 TA Copenhagen - New York

31th cruise - Royal Princess 19 - 29 Dec, 2014, Christmas, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

32nd cruise - Royal Princess 29 Dec - 08 Jan. 2014/2015, New Years, Fort Lauderdale. Ret.

Archived