New Bedding on Infinity?

dutchess43

The Infinity has been in South America since, I think, December, and will be there for almost another month. There's been very little word from her apart from news of pod problems. I don't think the new bedding was installed prior to her going south and it seems unlikely that Celebrity would ship a couple thousand mattresses to Argentina. We'll probably have to wait at least until the Infinity returns to Fort Lauderdale before any changes to the bedding begin.

Of course, I COULD be dead wrong. ;)

Justin

I just got off the Millie Sunday & the new bedding was there. It was absolutely fabulous! Last friday I was in Nassau & we were docked along side the Radience of the Seas & they were throwing out all of their bedding. What a sight to see to behold. All of the staff were wearing masks & gloves. Everything was being thrown out from bedspreads to mattresses into dumpsters. They must of all received their new bedding on board that ship. I got spoiled with the bedding on the Millie & only hope that the Infinity has it soon.

I just got off the Millie Sunday & the new bedding was there. It was absolutely fabulous! Last friday I was in Nassau & we were docked along side the Radience of the Seas & they were throwing out all of their bedding. What a sight to see to behold. All of the staff were wearing masks & gloves. Everything was being thrown out from bedspreads to mattresses into dumpsters. They must of all received their new bedding on board that ship. I got spoiled with the bedding on the Millie & only hope that the Infinity has it soon.

We just returned from 14 days on Infinity - 1/28 left Santiago and 2/10 arrived in Buenos Aires. There is no sign of new bedding. In fact, we first sailed on her when she was very new, Jan. 2002, and she's starting to show her age, could use a bit of a facelift. We didn't encounter any pod problems on this trip and made all of our ports despite 2 nasty 30+ ft. waves that hit us broadside on 2/1. It had been windy with building seas all afternoon. Just as we received our wine and cocktail for the early seating we had to hang on to everything. We never worried about the integrity of the ship, but the glassware, dishes, bottles of wine, etc. took a beating. Still, it was a great cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Just of Constellation 2/19 cruise. The bedding has not yet been upgraded. It is the same thin bedding as the other ships. We were traveling in the RS and the bedding is pretty much the same as other classes. I think it is a little wider as it is pushed together to make a Queen. Personally I find it very comfortable.

I would agree that the spreads are in need of replacement.

Jim

I started a thread above, "Pod Status on Infinity," that has some very knowledgable posts including fact Infinity scheduled for dry dock in Vancouver in May. I'm completely new to Celebrity so what do I know, but some experienced types indicated dry dock might not only bode well for pods but for bedding. We're scheduled for an August 12th sailing and I care desperately about wonderful linens - that's one of the best parts about vacation.:rolleyes: Can you tell I'm a sloth? So I'll be very interested to hear from passengers sailing in June so I'll know if I'll be duvet-less in August!

We were on the Feb 11 Infinity cruise (to Carnival in Rio) and there was no new bedding in our cabin. As to the pod problems (I posted more info in another post) one of the two pods is operating at only 75% which means top speed of the ship is reduced to about 17 - 18 knots. They will make temporary repairs during the May drycock, but permenant repairs to all the pods on all the M class ships are going to take about 4 years. Until the permenant repairs, Celebrity will do their best to make temporary repairs as needed as keep their fingers crossed!

Hank

Archived