Concierge Class Canape's

Chi Diva

We are booking a CC on Constellation. This will be our first cruise on Celebrity and we are really looking forward to it.

Our TA recommended that we forgo the Canape's and ask to have the cheese plate instead. But our TA is a self proclaimed foodie and since food is a really subjective issue, I thought I should do some research before dismissing the Canape's outright.

Can anyone tell me what is served for Canape's?

Thanks!

We just returned from a SS suite and the canapes are not very good. If only they would just serve cheese and crackers and shrimp or give you a choice it would be nice. I have heard that lots of people ask for just cheese and crackers.

The canapes are usually 5 to a plate and they are bite size bits of toast with a mousse, a bit a brie cheese, sometime a veggie wrapped in meat, etc. very decorative but bite size. They usually put 3 different types on a plate and they change them every day. I actually don't mind them, i particularly like one that has a blue cheese type mousse, but my husband finds them so so, but will still eat them. You can ask to have a cheese plate, but i don't like a cheese plate every day since they did bring quite a bit of cheese, like they do with the room service cheese plate, and too much cheese makes me feel bloated and i then i think of all the calories in cheese too. Don't get me wrong, i love cheese, so that's why i keep away from it otherwise i'd be in trouble!! LOL. You can always give the canapes a try and after a couple days ask for a cheese plate instead. This way you can at least see for yourself.

We just returned from a SS suite and the canapes are not very good. If only they would just serve cheese and crackers and shrimp or give you a choice it would be nice. I have heard that lots of people ask for just cheese and crackers.

Last year on the Infinity we asked for cheese and crackers instead of the canapes and our room attendant was happy to oblige. Every day around 4pm he would being in a plate of crackers, cheese and fruit.

Just ask - I'm sure your room attendant will be as accomodating as ours was.

Just off the Infinity, well ok got off on the 10th of May, and we had a CC stateroom. And blech, yuck to the canapes. We finally told them not to bother. Ask for the cheese, it has to be better. We found the canapes to be a bit dry, and not tasty at all.

Annieeee

Another vote for the cheese platter. It includes a slice of brie, blue cheese, cheddar and jarlsberg(maybe swiss) and is accompanied with assorted Carr's crackers and grapes. So much better than those nasty canapes.

I love a good cheese plate, but I thought the canapes were pretty decent. They did seem to repeat a bit, but I was impressed overall. Just don't forget to leave your request card out by 11.

There are some canape pictures in this album:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/577769004SvHWJv

Your photos are fantastic. The pictures of your meals made my mouth water - especially for the crepes. But, I think I can give the canapes a try - they don't look too bad.

I personally think it is unwise to dismiss stuff without tasting it. If you try them and you hate them, just let your cabin steward know not to deliver them. You may surprise yourself and like them. I happen to think they've improved lately. And there are days when I just can't face another morsel of food before dinner!

There are plenty of alternatives available from room service or you can go the buffet or the Cova on ships that still have a Cova and select your own snacks and/or deserts. I don't know what they serve on ships that don't have a Cova Cafe.

What SeaCod said. Skip the canapes--they were less than mediocre IMHO. Or try the canapes for a day, and if you don't like them, request cheese and crackers. On the Constellation, they brought blue, brie and slices of something cheddar-like. We asked our otherwise great steward for just blue and brie, and he more or less complied. Finally asked him to stop the canapes and cheese altogether because we weren't eating them and didn't want to waste the food.

Betsy

Your photos are fantastic. The pictures of your meals made my mouth water - especially for the crepes. But, I think I can give the canapes a try - they don't look too bad.

Your Blu food looked just like ours. But our canapes were not the same. Yours look much nicer!

I love a good cheese plate, but I thought the canapes were pretty decent. They did seem to repeat a bit, but I was impressed overall. Just don't forget to leave your request card out by 11.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. It's so helpful to be able to see for oneself.

So it sounds like the majority don't like the canapes. I guess we'll have to give them a try and see. I think DH would like some of it more than me. He's the adventurous one, I am more "cautious." (read: picky eater)

Our cruise is 14 days though, so we will probably want to alternate between canapes and cheese plate. Cheese every night would probably get to be too much.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.

I really appreciate the time you took to post all the pictures of the dailies and the Blu menus. We don't leave until 10/10/10 and have also booked the AQ. I'm even more anxious than before to go after seeing your album.

We were on the Infinity in December and had the Canapes and wish we knew about the Cheese and Crackers. The canapes for the most part were dry. My suggestion: First day have the canapes, then if you do not like them ask for the Cheese and Crackers. This was one of the friendliest ships we have been on.

Tomorrow we are going on the Summit to Bermuda and we are going to ask for Cheese and Crackers. Last cruise was the first on CC Class and got very spoiled. I'm used to sleeping on a memory pillow and on the third day after having trouble sleeping got a new pillow. Read the book with all the CC benefits and take advantage of them. Also, my hubby is diabetic and on the first night asked for a piece of sugar free bapple pie every night and was a happy camper the rest of the cruise. He didn't like the other sugar free desserts.

One other thing. I am a coffee drinker and the coffee at the buffet is nasty. Coffee in dining room ok.

Ellen

I personally think it is unwise to dismiss stuff without tasting it. If you try them and you hate them, just let your cabin steward know not to deliver them. You may surprise yourself and like them. I happen to think they've improved lately. And there are days when I just can't face another morsel of food before dinner!

There are plenty of alternatives available from room service or you can go the buffet or the Cova on ships that still have a Cova and select your own snacks and/or deserts. I don't know what they serve on ships that don't have a Cova Cafe.

I liked the snacks and looked forward to them each day. Somewhere a 'chef" developed them as a sophisticated treat for the CC cabins and IMHO they are a nice alternative to the same-old/same-old cheese and crackers.

Try it, you may like it. :rolleyes:

n17clk.jpg

The canapes are usually 5 to a plate and they are bite size bits of toast with a mousse, a bit a brie cheese, sometime a veggie wrapped in meat, etc. very decorative but bite size. They usually put 3 different types on a plate and they change them every day. I actually don't mind them, i particularly like one that has a blue cheese type mousse, but my husband finds them so so, but will still eat them. You can ask to have a cheese plate, but i don't like a cheese plate every day since they did bring quite a bit of cheese, like they do with the room service cheese plate, and too much cheese makes me feel bloated and i then i think of all the calories in cheese too. Don't get me wrong, i love cheese, so that's why i keep away from it otherwise i'd be in trouble!! LOL. You can always give the canapes a try and after a couple days ask for a cheese plate instead. This way you can at least see for yourself.

FWIW I have never seen 5, they always are six to a plate.... maybe someone was 'snitching' one from your selection :D

I loved the canapes, but my wife hated them. Of course, she has no palate. :)

Hi, Didn't we sail together? That was one of the best cruises we've done. So much we are taking two cruises this summer on the Summit. Bermuda and New England.

Ellen

We are booking a CC on Constellation. This will be our first cruise on Celebrity and we are really looking forward to it.

Our TA recommended that we forgo the Canape's and ask to have the cheese plate instead. But our TA is a self proclaimed foodie and since food is a really subjective issue, I thought I should do some research before dismissing the Canape's outright.

Can anyone tell me what is served for Canape's?

Thanks!

We skipped the canapes all together. They didn't make or break it for us.

Judy

I liked the snacks and looked forward to them each day. Somewhere a 'chef" developed them as a sophisticated treat for the CC cabins and IMHO they are a nice alternative to the same-old/same-old cheese and crackers.

Try it, you may like it. :rolleyes:

n17clk.jpg

Thanks for the picture. I can tell that my DH will enjoy the canapes. He loves seafood in all shapes, sizes and colors, and it seems like there is always something with seafood included on the plate.

Archived