QM2 Who will be taking over as Captain from Nick Bates

Beckynursy

We are sailing QM2 28thAugust-19th Sept, have just heard that Captain Nick Bates is retiring at the end of August does anybody know who will be taking over from him. We have heard how good he is with his informative annoucements and witty tales just hope his successor is as good.:)

We are sailing QM2 28thAugust-19th Sept, have just heard that Captain Nick Bates is retiring at the end of August does anybody know who will be taking over from him. We have heard how good he is with his informative annoucements and witty tales just hope his successor is as good.:)

Sorry not sure, could be Captain Rynd.

I am not familiar with that name..is he from Princess as well?

Savioa, I'm surprised you didn't know...the ship Jack Sparrow commanded was the same ship used for the filming of Mutiny on the Bounty starring Marlon Brando.

And that ship was docked in Redhook before it sailed to the World's Trade Fair back in the '60's. Dam good replica.

And today's trivia question is...where is The Bounty now?

Cheers,

Salacia

Savioa, I'm surprised you didn't know...the ship Jack Sparrow commanded was the same ship used for the filming of Mutiny on the Bounty starring Marlon Brando.

And that ship was docked in Redhook before it sailed to the World's Trade Fair back in the '60's. Dam good replica.

And today's trivia question is...where is The Bounty now?

Cheers,

Salacia

Sorry Salacia,

Bit of dyslexia! or to much wine!

Got the wrong name

Carl

Sorry Salacia,

Bit of dyslexia! or to much wine!

Got the wrong name

Carl

No worries Welsh Man. I borrowed my on-line name from Roman Mytholgoy. I think Savoia is derived from the House of Savoy,the Royal Family of Italy. (Savoia, please correct me if I have that wrong.)

But since I am not a goddess, a Royal or an Italian, there is no actual connection between me and Savoia. Which, no doubt, will serve as great relief to Savoia:D

Cheers

Salacia,

(f.) New Yorker

there is no actual connection between me and Savoia. Which, no doubt, will serve as great relief to Savoia:D

Cheers

Salacia,

(f.) New Yorker

and I have always had an inkling that this is the root of Margatebe's belief but I may be totally wrong :rolleyes:

Back to the captain ... just imagine sharing a glass of 'champagne' with Johnny Depp ...mmmm.

It looks like Cunard is about to announce on Monday that they will bring an old but new Commodore out of retirement!! Ret. Commodore James Tiberios Kirk will assume the command of the QM2 !! His last command was on RCCI flagship Enterprise of the Seas that did Cunard's version of the world cruise.

and I have always had an inkling that this is the root of Margatebe's belief but I may be totally wrong :rolleyes:

This possibility dawned on me a while ago. Upon investigation it seemed likely that this was the case and that a serious miscarriage of justice had transpired.

Being unable to contact the person in question (and by the way, if there is a way to do this on here could someone please let me know, thanks), and not wanting to regurgitate an old thread, I decided to do nothing and let sleeping dogs lie.

Since then interactions between us, whilst understandably frosty, seem to be cordial. There was even talk of a Jelly Wrestling competition but nothing came of it.

In any case, this is now as good a time as any to apologise. I got it wrong Salacia, I thought you were someone else and I'm sorry.

Back to the captain ... just imagine sharing a glass of 'champagne' with Johnny Depp ...mmmm.

Really?

It looks like Cunard is about to announce on Monday that they will bring an old but new Commodore out of retirement!! Ret. Commodore James Tiberios Kirk will assume the command of the QM2 !! His last command was on RCCI flagship Enterprise of the Seas that did Cunard's version of the world cruise.

Considering he's been "filling" out like Scotty did, they may have to move the bridge back a few meters, so he doesn't sink the ship.

Since, Captain McNaught has move to Seabourn and Captains Bates and Wright are retiring. Cunard are soon going to have a shortage of Captains. :eek: I vote for promoting some of the staff captains to fill the posts.

Since, Captain McNaught has move to Seabourn and Captains Bates and Wright are retiring. Cunard are soon going to have a shortage of Captains. :eek: I vote for promoting some of the staff captains to fill the posts.

What's the difference between a staff captain and a Captain?

I would assume since P&O appointed one of their Captains Commodore of Cunard. And with the abundance of Captains in Princess Cruises Cunard is simply going to go into the P&O rotation.

I would assume since P&O appointed one of their Captains Commodore of Cunard. And with the abundance of Captains in Princess Cruises Cunard is simply going to go into the P&O rotation.

Savoia, never assume. Just a suggestion. ;)

Regards,

Salacia

Heywood, sharing one glass? Heck, go for the whole bottle!:D

I don't imagine Mr. Depp would go for being Captain Jack Sparrow for a Buccaneer's Ball on QM2, but I would find it great fun :) -Salacia

Thank you Guernseyguy for answering Margatebne's query so succinctly and so well that it really needed no further comment from anyone. Oftentimes it seems people just like to see their voices in print but not you. By the way, last year Trevor Lane, a Staff Captain on the Queen Mary 2, told me he was leaving to become a Captain of a ship in P&O Australia. Perhaps he might be given a chance now to return to the Queen Mary 2. I hope so.

Archived