Zip Line Rules

flagger

Do they actually weigh you, or do they take your word for it?

They didnt even ask,but then again,we don't weigh anywhere near the limit.............Im not sure what they would do..........If someone is over the weight limit,why would they want to take a chance?:eek:

Do they actually weigh you, or do they take your word for it?

I did see scales. So I assume they are going to weigh you when you´re looking like you´re close to the limit.

Can you prebook before you board at all?

No, but you can fill in the waiver online.

steamboats

The landing is the worse part.............well, second to taking that first step off......:eek:

Yeah and that part in the middle where you are so terrified you are crying!! Oh how I admire those of you that aren't afraid of heights or control freaks (who me??!!). My mum (who is 76) can't wait to do it on Oasis in May....this is why I am known as Queen Chicken*****!!

Lynda

PS I hate cable cars too!!!

Yeah and that part in the middle where you are so terrified you are crying!! Oh how I admire those of you that aren't afraid of heights or control freaks (who me??!!). My mum (who is 76) can't wait to do it on Oasis in May....this is why I am known as Queen Chicken*****!!

Lynda

PS I hate cable cars too!!!

Yeah, I tried it and I probably never will again. It was more fear than fun! The end wasn't the worst, it was the beginning the end and everything in between.

One other tidbit of information. You are only allowed to ride the zip line one time per voyage.

bummer.:mad: thanks for that infromation. you think that they would let you ride as much as you want, exspecially if no one else is signed up because eveybody that wants to has already done it.

bwest the man,

I´m pretty sure that you can ride it again if "no one else is signed up because eveybody that wants to has already done it". But that´ll take some time:D. So far the rush is that big that you´d be happy to get a time slot for your ride!

BTW it really helps when your shortsighted :D as no glasses are allowed on the Zip Line. Also no watches, no loose jewelry like necklaces... no cameras simply nothing which might fall down.

First you concentrate on the start then you have a brief look down and after you have to prepare yourself for the finish and hold your feet up!

steamboats

Yeah, I tried it and I probably never will again. It was more fear than fun! The end wasn't the worst, it was the beginning the end and everything in between.

Also tried Zipline.. the stepping off the platform that was the most scary:eek:

I found it easier to do the zipline in Jamaica over the treetops as it looked like they would break you fall and you did not seem so high up. Glad I did it though

bwest the man,

I´m pretty sure that you can ride it again if "no one else is signed up because eveybody that wants to has already done it". But that´ll take some time:D. So far the rush is that big that you´d be happy to get a time slot for your ride!

BTW it really helps when your shortsighted :D as no glasses are allowed on the Zip Line. Also no watches, no loose jewelry like necklaces... no cameras simply nothing which might fall down.

First you concentrate on the start then you have a brief look down and after you have to prepare yourself for the finish and hold your feet up!

steamboats

They even wanted me to take my wedding and engagement rings off......:eek: I didnt cuz I couldnt keep them in my pocket and i assured them they wouldnt fall out......

They even wanted me to take my wedding and engagement rings off......:eek: I didnt cuz I couldnt keep them in my pocket and i assured them they wouldnt fall out......

I did wear small ring type earrings and my wedding ring (just a band with inserted stone and anyway sitting so tight that it can´t fall off). They didn´t say anything about the ring and I´ve asked about the earrings and they were o.k. with them.

steamboats

Im sure each crew member interpreted the rules a little differently..

I wore Keens (Venice H2) which are almost like sneakers; closed toe, rubber sole but have a secure strap across the back. When I checked in I asked them if my shoes were okay. I showed them my shoes, even backed away and gave them a 360 degree view. I was told they were fine.

The person that helped me get into the harness did not say anything. I was all the way to the final position (putting my feet on the rail) when that crew member there said I could not go with them on.

I had to borrow socks and wear the shoes that they have available in order to go. To me my Keens were at least as secure but, hey, its their ship, LOL!

For me it was really a leap of faith to let go (my heart was pounding!) but I was immediately surprised that once I did I was no longer scared at all! I never had a chance to look down because the ride is so quick that I had to start focusing on the landing.

The scariest part was when I saw that they have a scale in the area where you get into the harness! I did not see them weigh anyone though, phew!!

It was a blast. I will do it again and I am in my late 50's.

so what happens if you bring your glasses because...well some of us are blind without them LOL! Is there an area to put your things safely or are you better off leaving them in your cabin? Things get pretty blurry for me as I am near sighted.

Archived