Zip Line Rules

flagger

so what happens if you bring your glasses because...well some of us are blind without them LOL! Is there an area to put your things safely or are you better off leaving them in your cabin? Things get pretty blurry for me as I am near sighted.

I gave them to my husband :D!

steamboats

... and DH changed his battery in his videocam and accidently switched on the photo modus still thinking he´s taping my flight ... so I only have a photo at the ending point :(

This looks like a "Gotta do it" thing. And I am in the north of 50 crowd. Will be willing to put those special rings in the safe before going. Any problems with contact lens?
No problem at all

Where do you make the reservation for the zipline? Is the Sports Desk at that zipline area
yes,right there!

I wore Keens (Venice H2) which are almost like sneakers; closed toe, rubber sole but have a secure strap across the back. When I checked in I asked them if my shoes were okay. I showed them my shoes, even backed away and gave them a 360 degree view. I was told they were fine.

The person that helped me get into the harness did not say anything. I was all the way to the final position (putting my feet on the rail) when that crew member there said I could not go with them on.

I had to borrow socks and wear the shoes that they have available in order to go. To me my Keens were at least as secure but, hey, its their ship, LOL!

For me it was really a leap of faith to let go (my heart was pounding!) but I was immediately surprised that once I did I was no longer scared at all! I never had a chance to look down because the ride is so quick that I had to start focusing on the landing.

The scariest part was when I saw that they have a scale in the area where you get into the harness! I did not see them weigh anyone though, phew!!

It was a blast. I will do it again and I am in my late 50's.

Hey Nancy I saw you back away and thought you chickened out...:D At the time did not know it was a shoe issue. I have a couple of photos of you before you stepped off. I agree that is the scariest part:)

Lots of those north of the 50 crowd 'doing it in a harness';)

• 1 year later...

Do they allow you to wear crocs, the kind with a strap in the back? I was not thinking of taking sneakers and would hate to take them just for this.

A person in my group wants to try this but has two concerns. One being the landing. She has an ankle that can give her trouble and is worried that the landing could bother it. Also do you need good upper body strength to do this?

Being someone that will do ziplines where I can't even see the end (over a 1/4 mile away), and will hang upside down 700 ft up while being twirled around, the zipline is lame, and I won't bother with it again. I did it once for the novelty and that was enough - a huge line-up for a less than 10 second ride. :rolleyes: You can do it more than once,and if you are over the weight limit, don't do it. I would personally hate to hear the 'SNAP' of the cable breaking..:eek: Wear proper shoes. Break down and bring sneakers. If you fear injury, don't do it if you have a pre-existing condition. I am recovering from a neck injury, and on my last two cruises I took a break from adventurous activities. If you do decide to do it, make sure you have insurance that covers pre-existing conditions! ;)

It looks cool... but at the same time it looks lame lol.

You are right. You have to do it once, just because you're on a cruise ship, and you can say you ziplined on a cruise ship. ;) But yeah, it's pretty lame in comparison to what ziplines are out there!

You are right. You have to do it once, just because you're on a cruise ship, and you can say you ziplined on a cruise ship. ;) But yeah, it's pretty lame in comparison to what ziplines are out there!

Well... I can put it this way - I'm not turning down a beer so I can do the zip line :eek:

Well... I can put it this way - I'm not turning down a beer so I can do the zip line :eek:

Don't let them see you with a beer in your hand if you want to do any activity! ;) A friend of mine showed up at the rock wall with beer in hand, and he was not allowed to climb. He was not drunk by any means, but there are liability issues involved if you are on camera with a drink right before doing an activity.

Archived