Attention Solo Cruisers

mame42

I got to Elite the old fashioned way, nice to know they do the double points when you are paying double. If Princess charges less than a 200% rate, do they still give the double credits?

Not that long ago, I always felt Princess was on par with HAL, but I agree with you. My last 2 cruises on them were so disappointing in both service and food. Unfortunate.

HAL Does NOT award double days even when they charge us 200 % for our solo fare

I understand that and c hose to clarify not all ships cruise lines, in the Carnival Corp fam ily of ships do the same in order to broaden our knowlege and expectation. Sorry if anyone was confused.

When Mr. Arnold Donald was hired by Mr. Arison and the Board to become the CEO of Carnival Corporation, one of his stated goals to financial analysts that cover the leisure/travel industry was to find a way of making the loyal cruiser benefits equal among all of the Carnival Corporation Brands. Obviously, such has not happened.

I have no knowledge of specifically why this cannot be achieved.

But, I have also wondered: after Mr. Arnold was hired and in his first contact with financial industry cruise/travel analysts, what internal discussion was going on within the HQ of Carnival Corporation that would prompt him to make loyalty program compatibility one of his first goals?

When Mr. Arnold Donald was hired by Mr. Arison and the Board to become the CEO of Carnival Corporation, one of his stated goals to financial analysts that cover the leisure/travel industry was to find a way of making the loyal cruiser benefits equal among all of the Carnival Corporation Brands. Obviously, such has not happened.

I have no knowledge of specifically why this cannot be achieved.

But, I have also wondered: after Mr. Arnold was hired and in his first contact with financial industry cruise/travel analysts, what internal discussion was going on within the HQ of Carnival Corporation that would prompt him to make loyalty program compatibility one of his first goals?

Gerald Bernhoft (head of the Mariner's Society) addressed this on the WV. He said discussions have been and well continue to be held to try and come up with some way to equalize all the different loyalty programs but it is very hard. For example, the drinks are included on Seabourn so the 50% off wine packages that 4-star Mariners get would be useless. Needless to say, most 4-star Mariners would not be happy if they lost this benefit.

The way I see it is that any program they come up with that would apply to all Carnival Corp. lines would tick off more people than it would make happy.