Viking Jupiter

Dunca

• 2 weeks later...

Your Meet & Mingle will be hosted by Viking Ocean Cruises on all sailings and you'll be able to register to attend as soon as the booking schedule opens.

Seven days prior to your sail date you will receive a confirmation email and you will have an opportunity to meet your new Cruise Critic friends on board at the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle on your Viking Ocean Cruise.

You will receive notice of the time, date and place of your Meet & Mingle by invitation in your stateroom once you are on board.

Viking Ocean Cruises will be providing a private lounge (or other venue is provided) as well a hosted cocktail party with tray-passed hor d’oeuvres.

Registering will allow you to enjoy an opportunity to get acquainted with fellow cruisers whom you've communicated with online on your cruise. Share information and tips, make plans in advance of your cruise - and then meet your new friends on board during your private, complimentary Meet & Mingle!

Thank You!

However, where do I find out, on Cruise Critic,

about our Southern Crossing on the Viking Jupiter (November 13, 2019)

There seems to be nothing listed

I need a link

Thank You!

However, where do I find out, on Cruise Critic,

about our Southern Crossing on the Viking Jupiter (November 13, 2019)

There seems to be nothing listed

I need a link

If you're looking to sign up for the Meet and Mingle for your sailing, just select your Sail Date in the pull-down under the Viking Jupiter Meet and Mingles sign up form.

If you're looking for the Roll Call thread for your cruise, it's here.

• 2 months later...

We are currently booked on Viking Jupiter, Iconic Western Mediterranean, Feb 23, Rome to Barcelona, arriving in Rome of Feb 21. Anyone else? Any helpful hints on this itinerary are appreciated. This is our 3rd Viking Ocean cruise and have completed 2 Viking River cruises. 

On 12/6/2018 at 11:06 AM, Roz326 said:

We are currently booked on Viking Jupiter, Iconic Western Mediterranean, Feb 23, Rome to Barcelona, arriving in Rome of Feb 21. Anyone else? Any helpful hints on this itinerary are appreciated. This is our 3rd Viking Ocean cruise and have completed 2 Viking River cruises. 

This should be a new thread not buried here where few people will see.

See also:

Live from the Western Mediterranean

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2018 at 7:51 PM, Dunca said:

We booked the Mediterranean Odessy, April 13th. How did you enjoy it, Dauntless? This will be our first cruise with Viking. Exciting!

I hope you had a chance to look at the way we did the trip and I'm sure you will enjoy yours well.  I was on Youtube last night and noticed on Popular Cruising there is a video for the Viking Orion.  It was the last ship out and you can see some of the upgrades on this version that I have not seen elsewhere but read about on CC.  you might want to take a look.

On 9/11/2018 at 4:18 PM, PRH said:

Hey! Still drinking the fizzy stuff. We're on Jupiter for south America Jan 2020 and British isles may 2020. You???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

PRH We are on the Viking Jupiter South America and the Chilean Fjords January 24, 2020.  I started a Roll Call but only 2 of us so far.  Which is your sailing date?

On 8/26/2018 at 5:45 PM, tampatramp said:

Cruising on Viking Jupiter Athens to Venice, April 6, 2019

very hard to search for Jupiter roll calls on this site. Under "find your roll call" hit "If you don't find your Roll Call here, click here."

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1118

Steven

Tampatramp, we are on the Star leaving Athens one day before you (boarding April 4th).  I have found that the Star and the Juniper will be in 4 ports on the same day-Katakolon, Corfu, Kotor and Dubrovnik.  I'm wondering if our port times are the same also.  Our schedule is:

Katakolon 8-4

Corfu 8-5

Kotor 8-11

Dubrovnik 8-4 ( there is another ship, Costa Victoria, also on same day)

Do these times coincide with yours, or different?  I know Dubrovnik is implementing new rules this year only allowing certain # of ships and/or passengers on any given day.  I did read that they also want to stagger times in port for more than one ship.  We chose April hoping that we would have less crowds to content with than in the later months but having 3 ships in Dubrovnik in one day isn't too encouraging, even with a total of about 4K passengers between the 3 ships.   

54 minutes ago, Ready to Sail! said:

Tampatramp, we are on the Star leaving Athens one day before you (boarding April 4th).  I have found that the Star and the Juniper will be in 4 ports on the same day-Katakolon, Corfu, Kotor and Dubrovnik.  I'm wondering if our port times are the same also.  Our schedule is:

Katakolon 8-4

Corfu 8-5

Kotor 8-11

Dubrovnik 8-4 ( there is another ship, Costa Victoria, also on same day)

Do these times coincide with yours, or different?  I know Dubrovnik is implementing new rules this year only allowing certain # of ships and/or passengers on any given day.  I did read that they also want to stagger times in port for more than one ship.  We chose April hoping that we would have less crowds to content with than in the later months but having 3 ships in Dubrovnik in one day isn't too encouraging, even with a total of about 4K passengers between the 3 ships.   

Ready to Sail: we too choose spring to travel and avoid summer crowds, but we will just have to deal with 3 ships in Dubrovnik. Our ships do overlap:

Katakolon 12noon-7pm - you get an extra hour in this port

Corfu 8-5 same time

Kotor 8am-10pm - we leave an hour before you.

Dubrovnik 7am-6pm  ships are staggered

all subject to change. we enjoy Viking and will have a great time regardless of the number of passengers or ships in port (as long as all those other passengers get on their own ship and our ships don't collide)

tampatramp aka Steven from San Francisco 

2 minutes ago, tampatramp said:

Ready to Sail: we too choose spring to travel and avoid summer crowds, but we will just have to deal with 3 ships in Dubrovnik. Our ships do overlap:

Katakolon 12noon-7pm - you get an extra hour in this port

Corfu 8-5 same time

Kotor 8am-10pm - we leave an hour before you.

Dubrovnik 7am-6pm  ships are staggered

all subject to change. we enjoy Viking and will have a great time regardless of the number of passengers or ships in port (as long as all those other passengers get on their own ship and our ships don't collide)

tampatramp aka Steven from San Francisco 

Steven, You do get 3 more hours in Dubrovnik which is significant.  I would have chosen longer time in Dubrovnik and less ships but, guess that's the way it is. Will be a total of about 4K passengers which isn't too bad.  looks like  we will be caravaning into Kotor.  It is suppose to be a beautiful sail in, a mini fjord! 

I was born in San Francisco (many, many years ago) and lived much of my life in the east bay.  We have been in Redding almost 20 years now.  I did find your roll call but saw there was only you and one other post. I was going to ask about the port times on there but didn't see any recent activity, then I saw this thread and your post.   

Let's hope for pleasant weather in early April, and happy sailing. 

Carol

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Kevlin54 said:

Just tried to register for the Meet and Mingle for the March 2 cruise.  That date is not listed in the drop down for cruise date.  It appears that the cruise is too close for us to register.

That is probably right.  Go to guest relations (located at a single desk near the Explorer's Desk on deck one)when you board and ask about it and then explain your situation.  They will probably give you information and tell you to drop by.  Though it is by invitation, they are not checked when you enter.  Remember, that's probably.

On 1/14/2019 at 12:16 PM, TayanaLorna said:

PRH We are on the Viking Jupiter South America and the Chilean Fjords January 24, 2020.  I started a Roll Call but only 2 of us so far.  Which is your sailing date?

We'll be getting off as you are ready to board.