How do I get a Promo Code for airline tickets

oceansandseas

-

Booking flights for our cruise. Flying Canada to Miami. Probably flying AA or WestJet. There is always a place to put in a Promo Code, but I do not know how to get one.

Have signed up on both of these websites (and a few others I have looked at) to receive emails. They send emails but the prices are always the same.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-

the only codes I have seen are on the airline websites with their promotions or in the emails

not sure what other codes you can get ..maybe some of the experts here will comment

Google WestJet promo code. They currently have one on their website for Bermuda. They also sometime send them to past customers as one-time use promo codes.

Just because there's a space on the form, you'd be wrong to think promo codes will necessarily come your way.

I've been flying frequently and lengthily on AA for many years and I have just once been sent (in an email) a promo code after there was some problem on a previous flight.

Then the irony was that because promo codes are so rare, I forgot to use mine the next time I booked a flight!! Ah, well.

Google WestJet promo code. They currently have one on their website for Bermuda. They also sometime send them to past customers as one-time use promo codes.

that is basically what I said

check the airlines website

Air CANADA have special promo codes all the time

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/special-offers/black-friday.html?icid=fl|achome|black-friday|caen|171120|bnr

A lot of times promo codes are for specific customers, such as a convention booking. Most of the ones I’ve seen are 5% and restricted to certain routings.

And to specific dates. Over the years, I've been to a number of conferences/conventions where there is a "preferred carrier". Registered participants get a code, good in/out of the conference city only, and only for dates that correspond to the event (with a few extra on either end to cater to exhibitors that need to arrive/leave on a longer time frame).

Years ago, there used to be discount codes given out with Entertainment books, but those days are long gone. With load factors above 80%, do the major USA carriers need to use these discounts?

FWIW, Spirit is running a "Black Friday" sale today, as is Norwegian. But not for all flights or dates. Also, Emirates is discounting their NYC to Milan and Athens routes to roughly $400 r/t. There's plenty of international bargains floating in and out of the market - you just need to keep your eyes open for them.

Not many cruises go out of either city so a moot point here

Just pointing out that many "deals" really aren't.

And although neither are cruise ports, many folks have come here in the past to get information on air travel in general. So info about the suspect quality of "deals" is relevant for folks overall knowledge base.

-

Thanks for the replies. Makes me feel better. Since the box is always there when I book a flight, I thought these codes were given out more readily. I guess not.

Yes, I have found good prices, but not for flights that I want. As mentioned, Toronto to Denver does not help with a cruise. lol Flights to Miami in February are at a top dollar and if we want to cruise, we must pay them, or drive.

Thanks again.

-

-

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...aen|171120|bnr

Lynn.....this sale is only for flights on Tuesday and Wednesday. Not good days for my cruise. Thanks anyway.

That is the problem with seat sales :halo:

I find sometimes the O air with a deviation works out better than DIY

compare both options

I booked AA midday flight ..they cancelled it & put us on the late evening flight good thing we are going in 2 days early ..well 1 & a bit now thanks to AA

-

Thanks for the replies. Makes me feel better. Since the box is always there when I book a flight, I thought these codes were given out more readily. I guess not.

Yes, I have found good prices, but not for flights that I want. As mentioned, Toronto to Denver does not help with a cruise. lol Flights to Miami in February are at a top dollar and if we want to cruise, we must pay them, or drive.

Thanks again.

-

The CODES are very common but usually for very specific destinations. Sometimes the stars align most to as not. That said weather a d as both have black, friday sales on the go.