Free Bottle of Wine

hummingbird63

My husband and I have reservations to the steakhouse the 1st night of our cruise on the Vista I February, and we're told by a friend that we would receive a free bottle of wine in the steakhouse that night. Is this true, and if it is, do they give you a choice of wines?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival gives a "free" bottle that retails for $7. It is not mediocre, but a good value for the money. If you buy a $60 bottle at half price, you are paying $30 for a wine that retails for $12. Keep in mind that Carnival pays far less than retail, and has no alcohol taxes to pay. If you are satisfied with the quality of the half price wine, it is a good deal.

The Steakhouse services an exceptional meal. I like to have an exceptional wine to go with that. I bring my own. Costco has a couple dozen fine wines in the $20 to $30 range that are as good or better than any on the ship. A few Costco stores sell Cameron Hughes wines. These are exceptional wines priced in that range that retail for $100 to $200. Hughes buys excess inventory in the barrel from the high end wineries on condition he not reveal who produced it. Hughes is also online and sells direct to consumers.

For $15 corkage the Steakhouse will decant and serve your bottle. You can save the corkage if you pour it into a glass in you room and allow it to breathe. Then take the glass with you to eat.

"For $15 corkage the Steakhouse will decant and serve your bottle. You can save the corkage if you pour it into a glass in you room and allow it to breathe. Then take the glass with you to eat."

You can also bring an open bottle to the Steakhouse or MDR and not have a corkage fee.

Well, we got the free bottle (I’m a snob and thought was good) AND got to buy as many as we wanted for the 50% off.

We bought just one bottle for the 50% off and had that at the steak house. And we took the free bottle with us and saved for later. Actually we didn’t have it until the last day of the cruise. This was on the Dream.

So what I’m trying to say is, you can have both offers if you so choose.

My husband and I have reservations to the steakhouse the 1st night of our cruise on the Vista I February, and we're told by a friend that we would receive a free bottle of wine in the steakhouse that night. Is this true, and if it is, do they give you a choice of wines?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

House wines.

We are picky about red wines and have never been disappointed with the selection of free red wines in the Steakhouse on the first night. On one cruise we even received a free bottle of wine on not only the first night but the second night. Nice surprise.