Oosterdam Mexican Riviera 2017-2018 - Current Menus?

oakridger

Hi all! I will be on the Oosterdam round trip from San Diego 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise in February 2018. If anyone has the week's current MDR menus would you be able to post them please? (I want to plan the specialty restaurant and port time lunches, etc.) Google search came up empty for current MDR information.

Thank you so much if you can provide them!

Hi all! I will be on the Oosterdam round trip from San Diego 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise in February 2018. If anyone has the week's current MDR menus would you be able to post them please? (I want to plan the specialty restaurant and port time lunches, etc.) Google search came up empty for current MDR information.

Thank you so much if you can provide them!

I don't think she's started MR sailings yet. She arrives Dec 2nd from a full Panama Canal transit.

I don't think she's started MR sailings yet. She arrives Dec 2nd from a full Panama Canal transit.

She sure has, we sailed Oosterdam to Mexico in September, and she's continuing this itinerary out of San Diego through the end of Feb 2018.

Do not bother with the Oosterdam. Just got off the panama canal transit from San Diego to FLL. The food is horrible. Lido food has the same choices and very boring and tasteless. The main dining room is not much better. The best food is the Pinnacle and we ate there a lot. If you do not care what your food tastes like, then the Oosterdam is okay. I am 4 star mariner and the Holland America brand has certainly gone down hill.:(

Do not bother with the Oosterdam. Just got off the panama canal transit from San Diego to FLL. The food is horrible. Lido food has the same choices and very boring and tasteless. The main dining room is not much better. The best food is the Pinnacle and we ate there a lot. If you do not care what your food tastes like, then the Oosterdam is okay. I am 4 star mariner and the Holland America brand has certainly gone down hill.:(

You realize that you just tossed a hand grenade out there, right? :rolleyes: We all know how subjective food tastes and preferences are. That being said, we completely disagree with your negative assessment of the food on Oosterdam. We loved all of the food in all venues we tried (MDR, Lido, PG), on our Sept Oosterdam sailing; and thought that it was some of the best we've had at sea (after ~25 cruises). :)

She sure has, we sailed Oosterdam to Mexico in September, and she's continuing this itinerary out of San Diego through the end of Feb 2018.

My bad. I think the Oosterdam doing a 6-day Caribbean right now, and my mom is boarding the "O" on Friday for a full Panama Canal transit from FLL. So I thought she wasn't on the West Coast until Dec. Sorry.

You realize that you just tossed a hand grenade out there, right? :rolleyes: We all know how subjective food tastes and preferences are. That being said, we completely disagree with your negative assessment of the food on Oosterdam. We loved all of the food in all venues we tried (MDR, Lido, PG), on our Sept Oosterdam sailing; and thought that it was some of the best we've had at sea (after ~25 cruises). :)

Agree! We also thought the food was very good! We also ate in Pinnacle twice which was excellent and Sel de Mer was outstanding!

Thanks Igraf and KroozNut for the info about the Gala Nights. Dobiemom, I just checked the roll call and see your name. I'll join the roll call so I can introduce myself to everyone.

I do hope someone pops up here with the MDR menus. I have never saved mine to post but I know some people do.

I have no worries about the food........I have eaten the same exact meal as someone who really disliked it and I loved it....yes very subjective. I am someone who is so happy to be on vacation and especially on a ship that I always manage to enjoy myself. Somewhere on the ship I suspect I will find something delicious to eat and drink!!

We have sailed HAL ten times and thought that the food on our recent Oosterdam cruise was very good in the MDR. I was expecting a reduction in quality, but was pleasantly surprised. The Lido buffet was OK to good, and I did enjoy the eggs benedict and english breakfast. I would not call it "horrible" in any manner.

As a comparison, I frequently eat very good food at a university faculty club.

igraf