In your opinion which cruise line/ship has the best steak?

Kingofcool1947

Lately I've had steak on my brain. I can't remember the last time I had a really good steak on a cruise.

Do any of the cruise steakhouses serve thick cut porterhouse steaks?

FWIW, I like my steak prepared Black and Blue. Anyone else?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

My best steak was prepared on Royal Viking Sky sailing from New York in June, 1980 during that first evening's dinner on a re-positioning trans-Atlantic cruise to Copenhagen. None on any cruise ship or land-based restaurants have ever compared as well.

HAL's Pinnacle Grill has some very large Porterhouse Steaks, I think, as well as some offered on the MDR menu at times. How thick they are, I don't know. Just the size listed deters me from ordering them because I know how much waste I would leave.

For me, it's the Tomahawk chop at Cagney's on NCL lines. Thick, juicy, and tasty.

norwegian-epic-norwegian-ncl-21235.jpg

Looks good. Love bone in ribeyes and porterhouse steaks. How many ounces?

Was it prepared Black and Blue? That's how I like my steak.

I have never cruised on NCL, but now on my bucket list.

Thanks.

Looks good. Love bone in ribeyes and porterhouse steaks. How many ounces?

Was it prepared Black and Blue? That's how I like my steak.

I have never cruised on NCL, but now on my bucket list.

Thanks.

it was in the 30 oz range if I recall.....and you could have it prepared any way you want. I live in NYC and have been to almost all of the top steakhouses, and this steak holds it's own against any of them.

Sadly, the tomahawk steak is no longer on the menu at Cagney's... I sailed last week...

it was in the 30 oz range if I recall.....and you could have it prepared any way you want. I live in NYC and have been to almost all of the top steakhouses, and this steak holds it's own against any of them.

The tomahawk is 29 oz. They serve two Porterhouse stakes also, a 20 oz and a 32 oz. Cooked however you want them.

sadly, the tomahawk steak is no longer on the menu at cagney's... I sailed last week...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

If you book a cruise on one of the Japan flagged cruise lines, you can find Japanese Kobe style (Wagyu) beef in their specialty restaurants.

It is far superior to anything you can find in North America - or on any other cruise ship.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a 27 oz Porterhouse on the Star Princess and I hear that the 32 oz Porterhouse in the HAL Pinnacle Grill is a Flintstone steak to be reckoned with. Friends of mine, whose taste in steak I trust, have recently raved about Azamara and Oceania.

The best steak I ever had at sea:

Charolois beef, filet steak, onboard the SS France...

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE

• 2 weeks later...

We have never sailed any of the deluxe cruise lines BUT out of the main line cruise lines the ONLY one with QUALITY STEAK IMHO is Celebrity Aqua and their Speciality Dining. HAL Pinnacle also had an excellent filet a few years back. RCCL, even in the spec restaurant SUCKED! As did Carnival, NCL, have not sailed Princess.

We are just about done with cruising as we enjoyed 5* food and can no longer get that.