Live from Meraviglia

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:00 AM.
Boston, MA
73 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Originally posted by Beamafar
I absolutely understand your need for the space that the Royal suite affords you, C. I hope you didn't take offence at what I said. I don't think I was referencing you at the time or, if I was, that I wasn't aware of your circumstances. I can only imagine saying what I said in relation to someone raving about having a private hot-tub on the deck (which I don't get the attraction of!).

No worries in the least! As I said, it's not our thing either. It really is for space. My 12 yr old is 5'10 now and my 10 yr old is gaining on him fast. Who knows how tall he'll be in April! It would be like having 4 adults in a suite. The boys get up super early and like to be in bed by 8:30/9. (My 10yr old nearly fell asleep at dinner in the Haven twice). We need the space. Neither of my kids like the kids club so we end up back in the room at night. (Imagine a 12 year old that tall grouped with kids 8 yrs+ trying to play games.) Maybe I will get comfortable leaving them sleeping and going out, but I'm not there yet.



Sent from my iPhone using Forums
4,387 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by Culaccino
No worries in the least! As I said, it's not our thing either. It really is for space. My 12 yr old is 5'10 now and my 10 yr old is gaining on him fast. Who knows how tall he'll be in April! It would be like having 4 adults in a suite. The boys get up super early and like to be in bed by 8:30/9. (My 10yr old nearly fell asleep at dinner in the Haven twice). We need the space. Neither of my kids like the kids club so we end up back in the room at night. (Imagine a 12 year old that tall grouped with kids 8 yrs+ trying to play games.) Maybe I will get comfortable leaving them sleeping and going out, but I'm not there yet.
Well ............ best of luck with your decision and happy cruising to you and your (growing!) family.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bea
'Would I could set sail upon the water'.

PREVIOUSLY ON:

MSC Magnifica Sept/Oct 2017

MSC Meraviglia June 2017 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Feb 2017
MSC Sinfonia Nov 2016 (b2b)
MSC Sinfonia Oct 2016
MSC Sinfonia Aug 2016
MSC Magnifica April 2016
Celebrity Millennium Jan 2016
MSC Divina Oct 2015 (TA)
MSC Divina Sep 2015 (YC)
MSC Preziosa Mar 2015 (TA)
MSC Fantasia Dec 2014
MSC Preziosa Aug 2014 (YC)
MSC Preziosa May 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2013
MSC Splendida Feb 2012 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Nov 2011
Carnival Sensation Sept 2000
South coast
198 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Originally posted by Beamafar
Hi Mark ............. it was even better!



The food we had onboard was better than on any other cruise we've done in Yacht Club. It was really hard to resist ordering seconds - though we succumbed on more occasions than we should have! I don't have the ability to eat a lot at one sitting, but, boy, did I do my best!


Oh Bea I hope ‘Brian’ hasn’t made things worse for you?
We’ve lost a couple of fence panels but are close to the sea in Portsmouth but the new flood defences held firm.

Just re-read this as a guide for Bellissima teething problems.
No time for a review of Divina yet but hopefully this week. Just remembered this lamb! We used our black card speciality dining for Galaxy and both had this Lamb. Jane says thanks for the tip
Also had the best ever dish of our lives, the lobster pasta to start.
Hope they put a Galaxy on Bellissima!
Could only get a cabin in YC on deck 14 although Jane says the stairs will do us good my knees wish I’d preferred playing snooker instead of rugby a few decades ago.
Just looking up Roberto’a on google and the Taormina trip
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mark & Jane


MSC Splendida September 22, 2016
NCL Jade August 19, 2017
MSC Divina September 23, 2017
RC Navigator of the seas August 12, 2018
Ireland
309 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Hi from a fellow Irish Lass.

Fantastic review. Thanks for posting.

One quick Q if I may. You posted a menu from one of the bars on board (outside the YC), which obviously had drinks, including champagne etc with one * next to them, which means they are included for YC guests. However I noticed some single * next to BOTTLES of wine etc. Does that mean you could get whole bottles of wine included with the YC, and outside the YC?

Thanks again
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon, doesn't mean we all have. - Hermione Granger
4,387 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by thecruisers6
Oh Bea I hope ‘Brian’ hasn’t made things worse for you?
We’ve lost a couple of fence panels but are close to the sea in Portsmouth but the new flood defences held firm.

Just re-read this as a guide for Bellissima teething problems.
No time for a review of Divina yet but hopefully this week. Just remembered this lamb! We used our black card speciality dining for Galaxy and both had this Lamb. Jane says thanks for the tip
Also had the best ever dish of our lives, the lobster pasta to start.
Hope they put a Galaxy on Bellissima!
Could only get a cabin in YC on deck 14 although Jane says the stairs will do us good my knees wish I’d preferred playing snooker instead of rugby a few decades ago.
Just looking up Roberto’a on google and the Taormina trip
Hi Mark (& Jane!) All's well and Brian was much kinder to us than expected. Glad to hear you weren't too badly impacted, either.

I wish I could give you directions to Roberto's but I can't as we had to ask along the way ourselves despite being given directions by our tour guide. However, the locals are very friendly and are sure to help you out should you indeed go looking.

I doubt there'll be a Galaxy on Bellissima but there will probably be a Butchers' Cut which is where I had the lamb on Meraviglia. Butchers' Cut is way better than Galaxy, too! We had both our Black Card evenings there. From other reviews of Meraviglia, it seems that it's the most popular Speciality Restaurant on Meraviglia. It felt much more like dining in a 'real' restaurant and the ambiance was wonderful. Hope it's as good for you on Bellissima should you decide to try it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bea
'Would I could set sail upon the water'.

PREVIOUSLY ON:

MSC Magnifica Sept/Oct 2017

MSC Meraviglia June 2017 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Feb 2017
MSC Sinfonia Nov 2016 (b2b)
MSC Sinfonia Oct 2016
MSC Sinfonia Aug 2016
MSC Magnifica April 2016
Celebrity Millennium Jan 2016
MSC Divina Oct 2015 (TA)
MSC Divina Sep 2015 (YC)
MSC Preziosa Mar 2015 (TA)
MSC Fantasia Dec 2014
MSC Preziosa Aug 2014 (YC)
MSC Preziosa May 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2013
MSC Splendida Feb 2012 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Nov 2011
Carnival Sensation Sept 2000
4,387 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by hdowney
Hi from a fellow Irish Lass.

Fantastic review. Thanks for posting.

One quick Q if I may. You posted a menu from one of the bars on board (outside the YC), which obviously had drinks, including champagne etc with one * next to them, which means they are included for YC guests. However I noticed some single * next to BOTTLES of wine etc. Does that mean you could get whole bottles of wine included with the YC, and outside the YC?

Thanks again
Hi, HD .................. I've no idea why there's an asterisk against the bottles You can't avail of bottles of wine on the drinks packages - only "by the glass" wines are included. I actually was going to query this on Magnifica a couple of weeks ago as to what the asterisk against the bottles denoted but never saw it on the menus.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bea
'Would I could set sail upon the water'.

PREVIOUSLY ON:

MSC Magnifica Sept/Oct 2017

MSC Meraviglia June 2017 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Feb 2017
MSC Sinfonia Nov 2016 (b2b)
MSC Sinfonia Oct 2016
MSC Sinfonia Aug 2016
MSC Magnifica April 2016
Celebrity Millennium Jan 2016
MSC Divina Oct 2015 (TA)
MSC Divina Sep 2015 (YC)
MSC Preziosa Mar 2015 (TA)
MSC Fantasia Dec 2014
MSC Preziosa Aug 2014 (YC)
MSC Preziosa May 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2013
MSC Splendida Feb 2012 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Nov 2011
Carnival Sensation Sept 2000