In your opinion which cruise line/ship has the best pizza?

Snorkel Dawg

I've have had pizza on the brain lately & was thinking what others opinions might be? So far in my crusing experience I would have give the nod for best pizza on a cruise ship to the incredible thin crust Pizza aboard the Ruby Princess. Hoping we will find that same quailty of pizza onboard other cruise lines and ships on future sailings...

Even Dawgs love pizza! ;)

Edited by Snorkel Dawg

Hello Navy,

I've never cruised Carnival, only RCL, Celebrity, & most recently Princess.

Good to hear Carnival has great pizza too!

Here is a short video of the incredibly talented Pizza & pastry chef Antionio ("Tony" from Italy) aboard the Ruby this past March.

I wish I had a couple slices of that for lunch right now!:)

Ok, this is the easiest question we have ever answered on CC. Without a doubt the best pizza at sea is to be found on Princess ships. They make the dough from scratch, use specially trained pizza cooks, its fresh, and wonderful. We say this having cruised on 12 differrent lines. There is a reason for the great pizza on Princess. Several years ago there was an Italian cruise line called Sitmar (we loved that line) that had real pizza parlors on all their ships (staffed with Italian cooks). When Princess bought out Sitmar they made a wise decision and decided to keep the pizza parlors (on the existing Sitmar ships). When they realized it was so darn popular they simply kept up the tradition.

Hank

i vote for princess. icome from new york and princess makes the best. it's made fresh and thin, the way pizza'a suppposed to be. most of the other lines use that boboli garbage, which to me is just thick bread dough, but to alot of people that's real pizza. some people even think pizza hut is real pizza. princess is by the best.

Don,

I agree there is great pizza to be found all over Chicago. My personal fav is the 5 cheese at Pete's on Western! Having never had pizza in NY I cannot give an honest opinion, it is on my bucket list! I will say, you didn't really answer my question which was:

"In your opinion which cruise line/ship has the best pizza?"

So a correct answer would be any cruise line of your choosing, you just have to choose one!

Sorry Don "No more pizza for U!"

PrincessPizzas.jpg

Yummy Ruby Princess pizza fresh from da oven!

Edited by Snorkel Dawg
Had to tip pizza delivery guy

Ok, this is the easiest question we have ever answered on CC. Without a doubt the best pizza at sea is to be found on Princess ships. They make the dough from scratch, use specially trained pizza cooks, its fresh, and wonderful. We say this having cruised on 12 differrent lines. There is a reason for the great pizza on Princess. Several years ago there was an Italian cruise line called Sitmar (we loved that line) that had real pizza parlors on all their ships (staffed with Italian cooks). When Princess bought out Sitmar they made a wise decision and decided to keep the pizza parlors (on the existing Sitmar ships). When they realized it was so darn popular they simply kept up the tradition.

Hank

Good to know... that is awesome! I do LOVE Carnival pizza though, and the cruise is way cheaper! I'm with you, though... WISE decision... that almost sounds awesome enough for me to book a Princess cruise... maybe when it's just me and a friend and not my whole family of 5! lol

So far, the Sapphire Princess has had the best pizza for us. My favorite was the white pizza they had when we were going through Glacier Bay.

Least favorite was on the Sovereign of the Seas. I couldn't even finish one piece.:rolleyes:

Hi Ann:

I agree - PRINCESS has the best pizza -

yummm... carol